Cabin builders

Red

Does anyone know of any cabin builders in the franklinvill cattaraugus county area?

I had my existing cabin torn down this past weekend and now I'm trying to find a local builder. I've tried a few amish builders but they all want to build a shed/cabin at their b place and have it delivered with a tilt bed truck. The lane leading to my cabin is to small for that. 

just a thought i had steel pole barn built for my camp then finished inside with rough cut lumber, i have part garage/storage a bathroom and one bedroom with several beds in the general open area  when i was looking around this was the cheapest way to go compared to actual log cabin....

6 minutes ago, land 1 said:

just a thought i had steel pole barn built for my camp then finished inside with rough cut lumber, i have part garage/storage a bathroom and one bedroom with several beds in the general open area  when i was looking around this was the cheapest way to go compared to actual log cabin....

I don't mean to hijack the Red's post, but this is also the conclusion that I have come to - a pole building is probably the least expensive method to get the space I need to have a functional cabin.

Out of curiosity, what dimensions did you go with on your pole building?

2 hours ago, Red said:

Does anyone know of any cabin builders in the franklinvill cattaraugus county area?

I had my existing cabin torn down this past weekend and now I'm trying to find a local builder. I've tried a few amish builders but they all want to build a shed/cabin at their b place and have it delivered with a tilt bed truck. The lane leading to my cabin is to small for that. 

May I suggest that for starters, you drive to Ellicottville and see Northrup construction. The company is located off Rt 219 south of Ellicottville a couple miles and just past Holiday Valley Ski resort.

They are road building/ pond building/ land development people,, but they may be able to suggest a builder or two. Ask for Carl. 

I had a amish guy from over on 305 rough up a gambrel style barn, also had them roof it, siding and put in floor for second floor.We finished the inside.I believe its 22x28.They were the cheapest at the time, cant remember what i paid.

We started on 305 in Black Creek and stopped at all the amish houses till we found a guy to build it.They traveled over to Bush Hill road in Farmersville to build for me.

• Like 1

the shell of the building was about 17grand that included floor joist, windows doors etc,   i did not have cement pad just had gravel put down and compacted and used rigid insulation under the floor, building was 24 x 36 , im guessing another 4 grand in materials  to finish inside includes everything from A-Z wood stove furniture rough cut lumber etc interior work i did myself. The building was put up RLS structures they had the it up in a day and half

• Like 1

Keep in mind the tax implications also,Franklinvlle school district is horrible,Catt.county tax is pretty steep also.In hindsight for me i wish i would have bought a big fifth wheel and set it up for less than half the tax i am paying now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, land 1 said:

the shell of the building was about 17grand that included floor joist, windows doors etc,   i did not have cement pad just had gravel put down and compacted and used rigid insulation under the floor, building was 24 x 36 , im guessing another 4 grand in materials  to finish inside includes everything from A-Z wood stove furniture rough cut lumber etc interior work i did myself. The building was put up RLS structures they had the it up in a day and half

Do you happen to have any pictures of the finished product?  RLS Structures - they are out of Cato, correct?  You are in the CNY area?