Rochester Archery Shops

FullDraw_9x

Heritage outdoors in Phelps, Bullzeye in Bloomfield. 

The sister of the owner at heritage was my nurse at Thompson when my finger almost got lopped off. Of course she recommended them. I'll check it out soon.
Also, my father in law said he had good experience with Jim's pro shop in Manchester.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PREDATE said:

Also, my father in law said he had good experience with Jim's pro shop in Manchester.

As of a few years ago - The owner was knowledgeable and friendly! Son that works there .. not so  much! Check their hours before dropping in!!

2 hours ago, PREDATE said:

If that's the place on the corner of county road 28 and Rt 96 , I stopped there several years ago . I wanted to buy some tubing for a peep sight that I had at the time . Because I wasn't spending a lot of money the guy didn't want to bother taking care of me . Never went back . I drove by there several days ago and it looked vacant . Is the place still in business ? 

• Like 1

Our land is right down the road from Bullzeye ( that’s the correct spelling ) indoor and outdoor range ( free) .

They've done minor adjustments for free while I waited , Ive got no complaints ,the Outdoor store has a ton of Carhartts and such .

But the true bonus is two great craft breweries within a stones throw , Irish Mafia is nextdoor ( very good food too ) and Other Half is across 5/20 from  them .

Im in Webster it’s about 40 minute away , but I’m in that area all the time anyways .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

If that's the place on the corner of county road 28 and Rt 96 , I stopped there several years ago . I wanted to buy some tubing for a peep sight that I had at the time . Because I wasn't spending a lot of money the guy didn't want to bother taking care of me . Never went back . I drove by there several days ago and it looked vacant . Is the place still in business ? 

It never ceases to amaze me how shortsighted small business owners can be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20 hours ago, PREDATE said:

The sister of the owner at heritage was my nurse at Thompson when my finger almost got lopped off. Of course she recommended them. I'll check it out soon.

Both of them have been very supportive of our QDMA branch. Besides gong to them for myself I like to pass them on. good businesses. 

• Like 2

I always thought it looked vacant as well, but apparently he's still operating. My FIL said he installed his peep and nock set for free and gave him a tour of the ranges. That was last year btw.

I've shopped at both Jim's and Guerin-Teed. FYI - Hard to know when owners will be working, but it's been my experience at both shops to deal with owners directly if possible!

Another bow shop that's about 25mi east of Rochester is Archery Solutions. Just off Rte104 past Williamson. I bought a Bowtech from young owner years ago. Great service! Then they closed and are now have reopened. Had a neat indoor 2nd story loft to shoot at 3-D targets s/u on 1st floor. Now see he's opened an outdoors 3-D course and sells Mathews. In the past they had limited in-house inventory. Check hours before dropping in!!!

Edited by nyslowhand

8 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Another bow shop that's about 25mi east of Rochester is Archery Solutions. Just off Rte104 past Williamson. I bought a Bowtech from young owner years ago. Great service! Then they closed and are now have reopened. Had a neat indoor 2nd story loft to shoot at 3-D targets s/u on 1st floor. Now see he's opened an outdoors 3-D course and sells Mathews. In the past they had limited in-house inventory. Check hours before dropping in!!!

I stopped in to Archery Solutions about 5 years ago . My son was interested in buying a Bowtech Admiral with sight , stabilizer, quiver , etc . Nick was ready to drop at least $1500 on an outfitted Bowtech . The owner wasn't there but his dad and an assistant were . I told them what Nick wanted and asked for a price . I would have to wait for the owner . The assistant showed me around and I asked again for a price . The owner ( a young guy ) was sitting on the couch busy with phone calls . After waiting around for over an hour I decided to leave . Never went back . Never got a phone call as I had left my name and number . Apparently they were too busy to bother to sell an expensive Bow outfit . That was my experience with Archery Solutions on Town Line road in Williamson / Sodus . Good luck with them !

5 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Just took a buddy over to Heritage. Mike is top notch. He was busy as hell but made the time

My son and I have gone to Heritage for several years. Mike and his son, Louis, along with all the staff are the most knowledgeable and some of the nicest and most humble guys I've ever dealt with! I wouldn't go anywhere else! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bullzeye was closed? Must be on vacation. Last time I stopped there a couple weeks ago, Rich mentioned that he was moving to being open seven days a week due to increased demand. He's been nothing but helpful to us and is a straight shooter. 

Nomad - my buddy Brian Gambell's Dad owns land really close to there, too. He used to have a great pond on his property, but it filled in over the years unfortunately.

Bullzeye was closed? Must be on vacation. Last time I stopped there a couple weeks ago, Rich mentioned that he was moving to being open seven days a week due to increased demand. He's been nothing but helpful to us and is a straight shooter. 
Nomad - my buddy Brian Gambell's Dad owns land really close to there, too. He used to have a great pond on his property, but it filled in over the years unfortunately.

Yeah I was told he went on vacation