Tactacam Reveal

Just arrived in Verizon model. I have a few left if people want to buy one.

So far so good. Liking these initially better than Spypoints. I’m familiar with these cams actually as the guts are a cam that has been rebranded historically along with some improvements. Setup is easy and the app appears decent.

Im hopeful for these cams.

5AB6E96C-B2A1-4AFD-B41C-B7B135F8B975.jpeg

B64D3D66-C6B1-463F-98B4-0B5C6DA08E67.jpeg

9287952C-411C-4E3C-8DC3-AA572274D91D.jpeg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I didn’t mean it in a chippy way.  :)

Its nice to have options at another price/value. 

Yeah, it sure is. This cam has potential. They'll at some point squeeze the customer into an upcharge or some re-arranged plan to get larger images - which is understandable at the price point. I'd love to see it send video too, but that might be super expensive. They've done a good job with the cam itself - logistics giving them some challenges. Smaller company getting a huge expansion of sales. I'm hoping that service can keep up which I suspect they'll have to lean on dealers and their prostaff for the first few weeks. That said...their set-up and support from a self-service perspective has been very well done, which should reduce need for service.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, phade said:

They won't be a Spartan. Different price point to compete on. But for entry level, so far so good.

Is it ok to say who’s guts are inside this cam? The layout looks familiar. 

Edited by NonTypical

1 minute ago, NonTypical said:

So are the internals like a Spartan?  Except with less resolution and no video?

A Mustang and a 911 both have engines and wheels and transmissions and both get you from A to B. One might just lag behind the other in the corners or get brake fade leaving the straightaways, and the occasional blown gasket or gear slip.

It's 25% of the retail cost and a new to mass market cam, so it's somewhat apples to oranges for the time being. Plan pricing will also be a factor.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cory said:

@phade how good of cell reception do you need? I’m very spotty one bar mostly at my cabin.

There is no fair answer that would be reliable for you to bank on. I know many people try to say X bars, or some other form of comparison. If anyone speaks with guarantee on it, they're not being truthful IMO.

The best thing I can suggest is to send an image to a friend using data at the spot you want the cam to be, using the same service type. That is probably the best guess as to whether it'd work or not.

Edited by phade

2 hours ago, phade said:

I'm down to 7 left right now out of 80 that arrived at 11. They're 115. Data packages are 5-13 per month on a monthly basis or you can buy an annual plan. 

Phade do you need a data plan for each cam? Or if I get 2 cams will one data plan work?

New to cell cams.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Phade do you need a data plan for each cam? Or if I get 2 cams will one data plan work?

New to cell cams.

Thanks

That answer depends on the camera/brand. Some have data sharing plans, some do not. Overall cost is the bigger factor.

The plans for the Reveals are 5-13 per month or on annual basis a bit cheaper monthly average (you pay all 12 mos ahead of time at once). One plan for each cam, right now with them.

Most all cams now are prepaid, no contract, and you can turn on and off at your desire, so you're not stuck with recurring costs.

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, genesee_mohican said:

Do any members have an early review on these cams?

I just set mine up a couple days ago.  Pictures are decent .  It was very easy to set up.  It's on a trail on our farm near the apples, so no deer yet but I've caught my brothers goats out.lol..

12033.jpeg

On 8/11/2020 at 6:08 AM, ncountry said:

I just set mine up a couple days ago.  Pictures are decent .  It was very easy to set up.  It's on a trail on our farm near the apples, so no deer yet but I've caught my brothers goats out.lol..

12033.jpeg

Slightly move the cam angle down a touch to bring the trail closer to center frame where the lead goat is - finding the sensor prefers a slightly higher trigger point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1