ATV winch

land 1

So got a question got a 2015 570 polaris sportsman burned out the winch long story , but to get the same winch "Polaris 2500 lb " is 400.00, but u can get a non polaris 2500lbs atv winch for like 65.00, any one know how difficult it will be to mount the non polaris winch can you use same mounts ... any advice other wise??

If you burnt out a 2500lb winch I would be getting a bigger one. I don’t know what brand Polaris uses but the quality winches are better than the harbor freight/northern tool ones. Is they’re enough better to justify the price is arguable, but when you need a winch is usually the worst time for it to fail so a couple hundred bucks is cheap insurance in my book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i burnt it out when i accidently  busted the switch on handle bars and it got stuck on, reeling line in so it sucked the hook and got jammed up before i knew or could figure out was going on it was to late so it wasnt actually being used pulling something, so i went took it apart and got it unstuck reinstalled and put new switch on it . the winch was really slow barley moving and as soon as i put a load  on it the winch just made a clicking noise got hot and was drawing hard on the battery.

I'm running same thing you are hoping my winch doesn't go . Only issue I have had is the switch will not work below 32 degrees.  It's crazy at 35 it works 32 it doesn't. Been trying to figure it out the past 5 years . Works all spring, summer and fall as long as its above 32 out 

s buff check for moisture some where sounds like something it is icing up, new switch is 100.00 polaris switch ridculous. I have really no issues that the winch shat the bed it was a freak thing to get stuck on,  cant believe the sythetic rope didnt just snap

• Like 1