Whatcha got ?

turkeyfeathers

4 minutes ago, Cory said:

13-17 But I will be going sky diving soon. 13 will stay for me couldn’t be trapped on a ship with that many people with no escape!

Do an Alaskan cruise and you will change your mind! 

12 hours ago, Otto said:

Do an Alaskan cruise and you will change your mind! 

We did a 5 night Royal Caribean cruise to Cozumel a couple years ago in February  and it was pretty good.  Our girls were 14 and 15 at the time and they still say that was their favorite vacation ever.   

The food and shows onboard were very good.  Looking back, my favorite part was not getting the drink package.  They charged around 100 bucks per day per person for that and it did not include your drinks for the day in Mexico.

Every day onboard ship, I just ordered the drink of the day, for around 8 bucks, and then refilled that glass repeatedly  with wine back at our room.  The excersize up and down the stairs was a nice side benefit. We had a total of 7 rooms, along with friends and their families.  Each room was allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard.  Since all the other adults paid for the drink package, my wife and I were supplied with 14 bottles of wine, which was plenty for the 5 night cruise.

Aside from the 700 dollar cash savings, the best part for me about not getting the onboard drink package was waking up early and with no headache each morning.  All those who got it slept in and missed out on breakfast.  I was able to watch the sunrise over the ocean each day and take advantage of the ships fine workout facilities in the morning.  The day in Mexico, we enjoyed our 50 dollar, all you could eat and drink package, much more than those who simultaneously paid ther 100 bucks on the ship.

I am not sure if I will do another cruise until I retire but I am glad to have done one with the kids.  I am thankful that we got it done before the pandemic. My first one after retirement will probably be to Alaska.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 5:50 PM, The Jerkman said:

A whopping 3

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

You Savage  !!  I suppose your one night stand was with Mary Tyler Moore's virgin grand daughter...<<sigh>>....

Edited by Pygmy

3 for me, and they are pretty weird ones for a lot of people. I have never sung kareoke or been on a cruise, and have absolutely no desire to do either ever. And I have no piercings even though most of the boys in school got their ear pierced. My dad and grandpa would have stomped my ass, plain and simple.

• Like 4

3 for me, and they are pretty weird ones for a lot of people. I have never sung kareoke or been on a cruise, and have absolutely no desire to do either ever. And I have no piercings even though most of the boys in school got their ear pierced. My dad and grandpa would have stomped my ass, plain and simple.
My dad always said he'd cut our ears off when we slept if we pierced our ears

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

• Haha 2