Nikon warranty

2012_taco

It looks like I'm about to experience Nikon's warranty. Yesterday I grabbed my Nikon Monarch 10x 36 binos to go check out that comet. I noticed the end of the binos by the objective lens is breaking and falling off. It's a rubber coating on the binos that gives it a camo finish. I don't think it's a structural part of the binos but still i don't like it and feel it needs to be replaced or repaired. I know I sent these back years ago for warranty work because the focus knob broke. They repaired them no questions asked and it only cost me the shipping to California. I hope this works the same and I get them back soon, last time I believe it took over a month. 

20200719_125226.jpg

20200719_125236.jpg

Edited by 2012_taco
Added pics

I heard a while back that Nikon was closing down their optics line? Not sure how that will impact the warranties from all the stuff purchased over the years? I would hope the warranties would still be honored.

Let us know how you make out with your Bino's.

32 minutes ago, grampy said:

I heard a while back that Nikon was closing down their optics line? Not sure how that will impact the warranties from all the stuff purchased over the years? I would hope the warranties would still be honored.

Let us know how you make out with your Bino's.

Out of the rifle scope business; staying in sport optics; binoculars/spotting scopes.

Too much drama having an associated firearm line. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Out of the rifle scope business; staying in sport optics; binoculars/spotting scopes.

Too much drama having an associated firearm line. 

Thanks for clearing that up for me Dan. Hope you're doing well my friend.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it took a while but Nikon emailed me yesterday with the bad news. My binos are not repairable and they are giving me a voucher for their store for $279 because they don't make the 10x36 binos any more. So today I ordered a pair of Monarch 5 in 10x42 ended costing me $35 with what they cost over the voucher and tax+ shipping. I'm thinking they look like good binos and close to what I had, but when I placed the order I got an email that said they are backordered and I will get an email when they are available! SOB Hunting season is getting close, I hope they deliver soon!

On 7/19/2020 at 4:38 PM, Jeremy K said:

I'm missing the outer eye piece off my monarch 3s , i wonder if i could get a new one ,that cold aluminum around your eye sucks when its cold out.

Jeremy, try their customer service, they have been good to me so far. It just takes some time.

FYI I got Nikon prostaff 3s at Walmart from my clearance brick seek  forum for $30, proceeded to drop them outa a tree directly into a hard log hunting.
They would no longer co focus together. 
I emailed Nikon told them I couldn’t get them to focus together outa the box and they were new ( I left the drop part out, there was no visible damage). It took a few weeks but I had a brand new pair sent to me no more questions asked. 

• Like 1