Road Trip

XGX7PM

Driving to Virginia Beach for a few days in the beginning of August. 

Looking for input on anything between WNY and VA Beach as far as hole in the wall restaurants and kid friendly activities.

Working the itinerary now and looking for suggestions.

We're looking to leave on a Saturday evening, get there in time for breakfast and an am check in with everyone rested on arrival. All day Sunday and Monday between the beach and anything else we can find to do. Still looking on to some museums etc.

Ride home Tuesday looking to stop at Westmoreland park in VA for some fossil hunting and Cherry Springs in PA, even with the full moon it's worth the stop.

Edited by XGX7PM

Cool! We will be in Virgina Beach Aug 15-22. There is an aquarium that my sister said is really cool. I’ll get the name and report back. We really don’t plan on leaving the beach house with everything going on but we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

And now Virginia is on the list as well as Alaska WTF!

The official list as of just a minute ago. Alaska and Virginia are good to go.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9bPSwOXe6gIVyODICh2C0QegEAAYASAAEgJqHPD_BwE

1 minute ago, Steuben Jerry said:

The official list as of just a minute ago. Alaska and Virginia are good to go.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9bPSwOXe6gIVyODICh2C0QegEAAYASAAEgJqHPD_BwE

It probably has not been updated yet. I was reading reports from Cuomo's press conference this afternoon. He added another 10 states and took of 1. 

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

It probably has not been updated yet. I was reading reports from Cuomo's press conference this afternoon. He added another 10 states and took of 1. 

You are correct sir! Story posted a few minutes ago.

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/lifestyles/travel/10-more-states-added-to-new-york-coronavirus-travel-advisory-31-total-on-updated-list/

I'm going to OC Maryland in September.

For people in those states coming to NY, what if your vacation isn't 14 days? I know some people from Virginia who recently vacationed in the finger lakes for a long weekend. They were supposed to sit in the hotel room for 14 days before going out to dinner? lol

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I'm going to OC Maryland in September.
For people in those states coming to NY, what if your vacation isn't 14 days? I know some people from Virginia who recently vacationed in the finger lakes for a long weekend. They were supposed to sit in the hotel room for 14 days before going out to dinner? lol

Who was watching them?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

They shouldn't make the trip to NY. We're supposed to have a cousin and his wife from Florida stay with us for a few days next month. They cancelled the trip.

11 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

They shouldn't make the trip to NY. We're supposed to have a cousin and his wife from Florida stay with us for a few days next month. They cancelled the trip.

But will a NY hotel give a refund?

13 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But will a NY hotel give a refund?

I don't know. 

We were going to go to the Indycar race in Ohio in a few weeks, and Va Beach in September. I should have had tickets and hotel rezzies locked up a long time ago but didn't do it, as I figured I'd be throwing money away.

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I don't know. 

We were going to go to the Indycar race in Ohio in a few weeks, and Va Beach in September. I should have had tickets and hotel rezzies locked up a long time ago but didn't do it, as I figured I'd be throwing money away.

You can still go. I meant the reverse. If you had a NY hotel booked, are they going to refund you if from a hot spot state or will they let you come? of course, they will let you come. How do you "quarantine for 14 days" unless hotels let you come into NY. Then they don't make you book a 14 night stay, so then you check out and leave.