15 people shot outside Chicago funeral

https://abcnews.go.com/US/15-people-shot-chicago-funeral-police/story?id=71911574

Sad and tragic that innocent people are victims of people dedicated to a life of violence and murder.

The article states “"Every funeral with any evidence of any type of gang affiliation is treated the same way,"   These gangs support themselves through the distribution and sale of illegal drugs.  So AGAIN, when will gun control advocates see the major root cause of gun violence is illegal drugs?  Blaming gun manufacturers, hunters and the NRA instead of the real root causes only validates their total stupidity understanding why there is so much violent behavior.

The article states “Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot condemned the shooters for allegedly taking advantage of the service to enact revenge.  "To the cowards behind this shooting ... we have to ask you to find your humanity," she told reporters.”  Mayor Lightfoot asks them to “find your humanity”?  They are not human and your support of gun control is nonsense.

• Like 2

Legalize all drugs.  Remove the money from the criminals.  Keep the government out of the drugs too.  No taxes on drugs to enrich the government.  Stop wasting tax dollars on a drug "war" that will never be won.  Let them use drugs all they want and make them pay for their own rehab when they need it.  At least if they die from drugs, they prove to be a fine example of people who cannot handle freedom and refused to accept responsibility for their self inflicted demise.

Demands for gun control are nothing more than the government using a totally unrelated problem it created, to further their demands for more power over the masses.  The government knows the above approach would stop all of these shootings, but that is not going to disarm all of the citizens.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 10:00 AM, Rattler said:

Legalize all drugs

I see your point. 

Unfortunately if the government did legalize dope, I do not want to pay taxes for dope addicts who become disabled from their addiction to insure they have free housing, free food, free medical care and other freebies to provide for their living needs.  Already we pay for saving overdose addicts and those who develop disabilities from dope addiction. 

Another problem is so many Americans who are mentally weak and could add to the dope addict population.  Anyone who takes dope to alter their state of mind is mentally ill.  I fear with legalization we will have a surge in the dope addict population.

That's why I said,  "Let them use drugs all they want and make them pay for their own rehab when they need it."

In a free society you can make your own choices and the consequences are yours to deal with as well.  I don't believe taxpayers should ever pick up the tab for anyone's self inflicted misery.  Let their family, friends or non-profits do that.  Letting the government get involved merely enables addicts by providing a guaranteed safety net.

When it comes to drugs, or the needs of addicts, "Just say no." 

On 7/23/2020 at 10:00 AM, Rattler said:

Legalize all drugs.  Remove the money from the criminals.  Keep the government out of the drugs too.  No taxes on drugs to enrich the government.  Stop wasting tax dollars on a drug "war" that will never be won.  Let them use drugs all they want and make them pay for their own rehab when they need it.  At least if they die from drugs, they prove to be a fine example of people who cannot handle freedom and refused to accept responsibility for their self inflicted demise.

I've thought for years that this may be the right approach. 

Stop throwing money into the wind on our "war on drugs" its obviously not working and causing more harm than good. Eliminate 90+% of our welfare systems too while we are at it.

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 2