That there Clark ,is an RV

Nomad

We bought a Gulfsteam, Vintage today , a 2020 with three year warranty. Just enough for the Mrs and I to do some local camping , and a trip out West . Also if the state gets screwy again ( still ? ) , we’ll just pack up and blow town for who knows how long , we got friends and family in Tenn, Texas, N Carolina, Virginia,  Michigan, a dozen places in Fla.

These are well built trailers ,and I dig the old school style ,but with Bluetooth , led lighting,  automatic switching from  LP to electric , twin LP tanks , power tongue lift , adding solar to the roof . These pics are off the net but the exact trailer .

39E510B5-4BDF-40E9-92C5-951B0793108F.png

89D840F4-A120-48B5-A420-1D5672F6848D.png

032FE18E-2E63-42A9-9C8F-7C5DBF183076.png

• Like 19

26 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Congrats!! That couch is HOT!!

Ya was a requirement, I didn’t want the normal dinning table and  seating benches . This is more comfortable ,if we have to spend time inside watching TV or something , can stretch out better . Bathroom is pretty nice too . 

My trucks towing is only ,7,000 lbs this is 3,300 dry , I wanted to stay light and short , but roomy still inside , great for a couple , we’re not looking to spend a month in it .

Larry, that has crossed my mind , it’s only 40 minutes to home , but staying there a couple nights , campfire ,that would be nice ! Definitely in bow , gun when it drops below freezing probably not . Idk have to learn about winterizing it . Plus I’d prefer not to haul it when roads are salted if I can avoid it . 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice rig Larry! I'd love to get a trailer and hit the road for the year! Only problem is I would want a toy hauler so I can take the motorcycles and I would need a much bigger truck. My little Tacoma won't pull that much weight. 

Good luck and enjoy you trips! Can't wait to see some pics from the Grand Canyon?

• Like 1

Sweet camper Larry! Love that retro style. You and Mrs Nomad should be nice and snug in that. Will be perfect for what you plan to do. Now that you have a travel trailer, retirement is official!!!!

Enjoy my friend.

• Like 1

Thanks guys . We plan on some weekday camping at state parks, like May ,early June , then Sept, into Oct . Avoid the crowds and heat that way .

Out West ,well when our old dog passes and frees us up . Liver and kidney numbers are off, deaf, going blind , hips not good ,on a slippery surface his rear legs slide out to the sides,  he flops over to the side to lay down . Being a beagle I don’t think the other campers will enjoy his barking the whole time we leave the site , and he just done travel well in general .

Now I got to figure out buying mirrors, hoses, all the odds and ends you forget about . I grew up camping, it’s slowly coming back to me on what we’ll need .

• Like 2