Got my wife’s 2019 buck back tonight

Steuben Jerry

Always nice to get a call from the taxidermist. This is my wife Doreen’s 8 pointer from last year. I think it turned out nicely. I’d forgotten about the darker rack. That line on the neck is from my hand. I noticed it after I took the pics and it brushed right out with my fingers. 

62667286-F746-4CDB-A744-76C53ECB7974.jpeg

A1FA08CD-B8A8-4DA1-BDEE-58EE0C728E0B.jpeg

0B4F491B-15DD-411C-88BD-0D5B132E7548.jpeg

• Like 30

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

really nice buck! the mount came out great. Now she can match your hunting stories with a deer on the wall of her own

We have 4 mounts in the living room, and two smaller ones in the basement. Hers is the biggest one. I took one of mine down to make room for it, lol.

She doesn't really go on about it at all. The day she got it, she didn't really talk about it much, my daughter and I had to interrogate her for all the details. And the end of the day, my daughter mentioned to her, you're supposed to have told the story four times already. My wife answered "why, I already told you about it". She wasn't even into having a mount done as she said we already have mounts. I said it's your best deer, it's going on the wall!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, First-light said:

Met him once at Swietzers processing. Nice guy. I go to DJ's in Bath. Real nice mount!

Small world - DJ's did my first mount, an archery 8 point. Turned out very nice and is still nice all these years later. Ironically, that's the mount I took down to make room for hers.

I used to go to Switzers too.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nice buck and mount. You can take a credit card and push the hairs on top of neck behind the mount to make it look even neater.

That's a good tip! I have it down right now as I noticed that bit of drywall/paint to the left of it that needs fixing. Actually I noticed it two years ago but trained my eyes to ignore it..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Small world - DJ's did my first mount, an archery 8 point. Turned out very nice and is still nice all these years later. Ironically, that's the mount I took down to make room for hers.

I used to go to Switzers too.

Fin and Feathers does a really nice job. I see Tim often at DJ's shop...he tans our capes and those for many of the other local taxidermists and numerous others throughout the state.

• Like 1