Supervisors

G-Man

Barred owls are WAAAAAY cool  !!  I have had them follow me around the spring turkey woods when I was walking and calling...

Unlike Great Horned owls, which are very spooky, barred owls don't seem especially wary of humans....I love it when several of them get together and have a  " hoot-fest".....

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Farflung said:

Young of the year? Good year for avian predators around here, lots of voles and chipmunks.

I believe so were very curious, jumping limb to limb and tree to tree for 30 min or so 

22 minutes ago, Zag said:

What type of owl. I had one I saw quite often in the woods one year, kinda like he was following me around. I hear they all the time when we camp there.

Young barred. Have been getting them on camera in lower apple orchard chasing rabbits , they were in upper orchard ( top of hill.vs bottom) today where I was hanging stand. God good video but I dont know how to.get it to post here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, G-Man said:

Young barred. Have been getting them on camera in lower apple orchard chasing rabbits , they were in upper orchard ( top of hill.vs bottom) today where I was hanging stand. God good video but I dont know how to.get it to post here.

Easiest way is to upload it to youtube and post a link here.  That's super cool G-Man, I love owls.  And they love to mess with me.