Tree stand

YFKI1983

Whats up all. Looking forward to the new season.

I'm looking for a 2 man stand and was hoping for some suggestions. I am comparing the big game 2 man stand, primal, ol man and muddy. Do any of you have any suggestions.

I want a full platform so I can move comfortably if I need to with my bow. I would love to get an xstand or riversedge but the $300+ price tag seems a bit exaggerated to me.

I prefer a two man because of the extra space it gives me. Not necessarily to seat an extra person.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I picked up a couple from.sportsman guide last year had full platform , front rail fold in half and flips over on itself allowing for vertical bow while sitting out front of stand, bonus is the seat folds up as well and is full bench with pad.  

Not a fan of.most.ladders as rail is in way a lot.for bow.  This one seems to be everything I like and was really.purchased for our oldest.member of camp.  Very reasonable priced and full support on bench is important as pads wear out and you still have full bars you can simply use hot seat on. When seat is shot. 

I picked up a couple from.sportsman guide last year had full platform , front rail fold in half and flips over on itself allowing for vertical bow while sitting out front of stand, bonus is the seat folds up as well and is full bench with pad.  
Not a fan of.most.ladders as rail is in way a lot.for bow.  This one seems to be everything I like and was really.purchased for our oldest.member of camp.  Very reasonable priced and full support on bench is important as pads wear out and you still have full bars you can simply use hot seat on. When seat is shot. 
Is their brand Guide gear?

I am curious how this turns out for you...Little squirrel is 12 this year and I would like to sit with him for a few hunts until he gets the hang of it or it becomes too cold for him. 
I have 2 big game 2man stands. Both are 10+ years old and they are still solid as they were when I took them out of the box. Just not super comfortable. I'm thinking with the mesh seats on all the stands now should make them all relatively similar.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

I have 2 big game 2man stands. Both are 10+ years old and they are still solid as they were when I took them out of the box. Just not super comfortable. I'm thinking with the mesh seats on all the stands now should make them all relatively similar.

Not a fan of.mesh seats. I always look for.metal construction and support I can add pads or hot seats.  Fabric wears out and gets chewed by critters, nothing  worse than getting to a stand and having seat missing

Not a fan of.mesh seats. I always look for.metal construction and support I can add pads or hot seats.  Fabric wears out and gets chewed by critters, nothing  worse than getting to a stand and having seat missing
That was my next question. I have hunted from a riversedge treestand that was the most comfortable I ever sat in. It was mesh but I do not know how it held up.

Iooked and the do not have model I bought last year this year, though they do have the roofs I bough large rectangular,  these are nice when fabric is gone I can simple.screw on corrugated pvc and have a roof as frame is all metal. 

I have lost a lot of seats on hangons and padded bench seats  to critters and now just.make web seats out of safety harnesses  and carry a thick. Thermal seat with me.for hangons,  and just put pad on metal.frame on ladders and secure with straps .   Last long time and easily fixed or replace.