Summerhill stateland

Kmartinson

Does anyone hunt summerhill stateland? I recently moved into the area and was looking for a place to hunt closer to home. Any information would be appreciated; pressure, population, access. Im intered in hunting archery zone also.  I hunt stateland south of here and would share any information I have about those lands including; Hammond Hill, Robinson hollow, potato Hill, Michigan hollow, Shendagen hollow, stateland areas. Pardon my terrible spellings. 

Decades ago I still  hunted Summerhill right after a fresh snow. Lots of fresh hunter tracks and little deer activity. Eventually I worked my way farther from the road than any of the other hunters and started seeing deer. I got a glimpse of one (the body, not the head) that was larger than any I have ever seen. Looked like a cow! It walked behind a blowdown and I was going to shoot when it cleared a big tree. I waited and it never showed. It turned out it had turned and walked straight away from me with the tree blocking my view.

I moved away from that area the following summer and never made it back there.......

Native to Moravia and still live in the area. Summerhill can get pounded by the locals, but few work to find the good hard areas. Top side of Fillmore Glen is near and a good option accessed by Empire Have. Bear Swamp is another area to check

Steve b and big foot, I'm lucky to have hunting family and friends. We e hunt and fish for everything.  Beagles for bunnies, beards in may, goose, ducks and bucks. Small game in the middle. Got boats on 2 lakes. We scout hard and hunt harder. I appreciate any help along the way and would be willing to share our world with any decent sportsmen. 

imagejpeg_0_4.jpg