JohnPlav summer activity

johnplav

The season is less than 2 months away!  This will probably be an odd season for me, not sure how much time Ill have to hunt.

"Food plot" field across the road is soybeans this year, with corn further out.  While I was taking a picture of the fields 2 small bucks walked out.

Tons of activity on the cameras.  Glad to see no coyotes at all so far this year.  All the deer look healthy, several does with fawns and 10+ small bucks. 

The big boys should start showing up soon.  We've been seeing a massive doe with no fawns, and that could be her in the nightime pic.  I might need to take her out early if I have a chance.

Also, there is a mock scrape dripper in some of the pics that I hung up in prior to the 2017 season and haven't touched since... as you can see, it still gets lots of attention. 

soybeans.jpg

bucks soybeans.jpg

IMAG0063.JPG

IMAG0082.JPG

IMAG0108.JPG

IMAG0111.JPG

IMAG0124.JPG

IMAG0069.JPG

IMAG0073.JPG

MFDC6034.JPG

MFDC6541.JPG

MFDC6617.JPG

MFDC6661.JPG

MFDC6485.JPG

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Be cooler if it was a doe with antlers in the fawn pic

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Yea... definitely not the case though.  Just timed right when that little buck crossed paths with a doe + fawn.  He's an awkward 6 point, with 4 on one side and 2 on the other and he apparently spends all his time standing in front of my cameras.   

Edited by johnplav

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last addition to this thread before its retired...

I had a few pics of a buck that looked like he only had one antler.  

This sequence shows that he has 2, but one side points down.

He's only a 1.5 year old, but he's weird enough that I'd consider putting  an arrow in him. 

DSCF0762.thumb.JPG.64835f1805b0c6c75da42fd2e70ff5ad.JPGDSCF0759.thumb.JPG.4d63847309021f3b82f4fbaf6e7a4e43.JPG

• 3 weeks later...