Outed

Delete

Hi everyone!

I’ve got to come clean, this is Splitear. A while back I tried to delete my account for personal reasons. After that failed, I purposely locked myself out. Yesterday I decided that I wanted to join back in (believe it or not I kind of missed some of you). Since I had to start a new account, I thought “what the heck” and wanted to see if I could rile things up for a little bit before unmasking the new account “Revenant”, get it. It was fun while it lasted, but that tricky old Jerkman figured it out (with a little help I’m guessing). It was kind of fun though. 

Anyways, I’ll hang up the facade and get back to normal. Good to be back :)

• Like 4

I don't get why you were willing to delete your account. And also lock yourself out, and then you want to come back? 

But welcome back anyways.

I kinda accepted you being a lefty, because you are a musician too. And you never bothered ME, by standing up for what YOU believe.

Hope you have a better go this time around.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

I don't get why you were willing to delete your account. And also lock yourself out, and then you want to come back? 

But welcome back anyways.

I kinda accepted you being a lefty, because you are a musician too. And you never bothered ME, by standing up for what YOU believe.

Hope you have a better go this time around.

Thanks Grampy. I guess I started taking some stuff personally, and got hyper focused on it. My counselor calls it “mental looping”, my wife thinks I’m slightly autistic, but there have been a few occasions where I have gotten caught up in this “loop”. I joke (though it’s true) that I once had a week where most of my free time was spent researching mechanical pencils. It sounds bizarre, and I guess it is. Fortunately, it’s a rare instance, and when I recognize what is going on, I have to disconnect, just logging off won’t cut it, I’ll find myself logging back on, hence locking myself out. 
Anyways, I’ve moved past it, and I did miss being part of the forum. When I say I missed some of you, you’re one of them Grampy. I know we don’t agree on everything, but you’re always respectful and I appreciate your perspectives. 

• Like 3

Thanks Grampy. I guess I started taking some stuff personally, and got hyper focused on it. My counselor calls it “mental looping”, my wife thinks I’m slightly autistic, but there have been a few occasions where I have gotten caught up in this “loop”. I joke (though it’s true) that I once had a week where most of my free time was spent researching mechanical pencils. It sounds bizarre, and I guess it is. Fortunately, it’s a rare instance, and when I recognize what is going on, I have to disconnect, just logging off won’t cut it, I’ll find myself logging back on, hence locking myself out. 
Anyways, I’ve moved past it, and I did miss being part of the forum. When I say I missed some of you, you’re one of them Grampy. I know we don’t agree on everything, but you’re always respectful and I appreciate your perspectives. 
Well now I need to know what was the end result of the mechanical pencil research! I love mechanical pencils specifically a nice 0.5 bigger than that and it's weird. But I am genuinely interested in what your conclusion was. And are you guys going to be performing next year at SPAC assuming they hold it again?

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Well now I need to know what was the end result of the mechanical pencil research! I love mechanical pencils specifically a nice 0.5 bigger than that and it's weird. But I am genuinely interested in what your conclusion was. And are you guys going to be performing next year at SPAC assuming they hold it again?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Haha, well at the threat of falling back into that rabbit hole. I’m a lefty, and like most lefties, I write best with pencils, reason being that most pens are designed to let the ink flow behind the tip, not be pushed across the paper like lefties do. 

However, in searching for a reliable mechanical pencil (I’ve since landed on a Pentel P205) I started researching their history and development, different designs, antique and collectible pencils, etc. all useless knowledge, but it is what it is. 
Also, no official word in SPAC for next year, but we are hopeful. We played our first gig in 4 months last Friday. It was weird since no one was allowed to dance, but it felt good to be back on stage with my band mates. 

Edited by Revenant

Haha, well at the threat of falling back into that rabbit hole. I’m a lefty, and like most lefties, I write best with pencils, reason being that most pens are designed to let the ink flow behind the tip, not be pushed across the paper like lefties do. 
However, in searching for a reliable mechanical pencil (I’ve since landed on a Pentel P205) I started researching their history and development, different designs, antique and collectible pencils, etc. all useless knowledge, but it is what it is. 
I never even knew pens like to be written as a pull in the way righties write. Guess it makes sense. And definitely going to check out that pencil!

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Revenant said:

No wonders why all my pens never seem to work for me. I too am a lefty and prefer felt tip pens over roller ball pens but never knew why until now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

No wonders why all my pens never seem to work for me. I too am a lefty and prefer felt tip pens over roller ball pens but never knew why until now. 

When I have to use a pen I use a Papermate Ink Joy gel pen in .5. It writes the best for me (that I’ve found so far) and the gel dries fast enough that I don’t smear it all over the place. 

47 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Hi everyone!

I’ve got to come clean, this is Splitear. A while back I tried to delete my account for personal reasons. After that failed, I purposely locked myself out. Yesterday I decided that I wanted to join back in (believe it or not I kind of missed some of you). Since I had to start a new account, I thought “what the heck” and wanted to see if I could rile things up for a little bit before unmasking the new account “Revenant”, get it. It was fun while it lasted, but that tricky old Jerkman figured it out (with a little help I’m guessing). It was kind of fun though. 

Yeah , Jerkman is pretty shrewd . Hard to put one over on him . :pleasantry:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fasteddie said:

Yeah , Jerkman is pretty shrewd . Hard to put one over on him . :pleasantry:

I was honestly curious who would be the first to call it, and he wasn’t even at the top of the list. I thought for sure it would be BlackBeltBill or even Rattler. 

I was honestly curious who would be the first to call it, and he wasn’t even at the top of the list. I thought for sure it would be BlackBeltBill or even Rattler. 
Rattler is too busy shaking his tail in anger. And Bill is obviously karate chopping boards in half to serve as warning to any turkeys that dare taunt him. Either that or he's scouting turkeys so he can kill more monster birds (seems more likely to me)

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Glad we /you got this figured out. Not to derail the thread but I wonder how many on this site are lefties? I too am a lefty! That probably explains a lot!

Actually he’s a lefty , lefty ....

• Like 1

I was wondering what happened to you. I actually did miss you (and your misguided politics lol) I have been in and out for a while myself (mostly got tired of the political bs) but never considered NOT coming back. Just waiting for the season and working my calzones off.
Glad your back Lee.
So what kind of graphite, specifically, do you prefer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk