Mt. Mansfield

Delete

Last weekend my wife, daughter and I spent a long weekend near Stowe, VT. We kind of cheated on Mt. Mansfield and drove to the top of the toll road. However, a 45 minute hike brought us dang near to the top. It was a beautiful day, a beautiful weekend, with my beautiful family. If anyone is ever up there, I highly recommend it. 

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1435.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1443.jpeg

IMG_1408.JPEG

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ha, you’re wearing a Cardinals T shirt ......

094A9605-3F45-465B-97D3-B0734DAB34C7.jpeg

Cardinals were my home team growing up in Southern Illinois. I don’t follow them as much as I used to when I could listen to all of the games on the radio. I still support the red birds though :)

• Like 1

Vermont is such a great place to visit. We go a few times a year. The Stowe area is very nice, even outside of ski season. Did you get to the Vermont Country Store over in Weston?

Great pic's of the family, and mountain views!

• Like 1

Great state to spend time outdoors in. I've been snowboarding there a few times, hiked part of the AT and hiked Killington once in the off season.

The last time I was out that way was about 8-9 years ago, we stayed at the Gray Bonnet Inn ( I think that place might be closed now ) and visited the local "touristy" places like Long Trail Brewery, and some glass blowing place I don't recall the name of.

I would love to get to hunt VT at some point. Perhaps when/of all this craziness passes with CV19 I'll get some folks together and book a site at Gifford and do a DIY public land bow hunt.