2020 Democratic Party Platform Declares Total War on Second Amendment Rights

NICS stands for National Instant Check System.  It was put in place to stop intentional delays in processing paperwork.  UBC already has a clause allowing the govt to delay NICS approvals for as long as it deems necessary.  That could mean forever.  Support UBC at your own peril.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

There's no need to be sorry or apologize for anything. I wasn't trying to be combative but I can see how my post had that tone. It was poor form on my part to single out you and your experiences. 

I'm reminded of something Culver posted once. Something to the effect that "people have different perspectives" or as I think of it "life is a matter of perspective." We obviously have different perspectives on UBC and we'll just agree to disagree.

I just really think having the federal or state government overseeing the affairs at the Geff coon club get togethers just isn't going to go over well.

Hey man, you’re not combative, you’re passionate about this, and I respect that. I appreciate your response. 

• Like 1

@Revenant

There isn't a state that you can purchase a firearm from that you don't go through a NICS check. NICS provides service to 30 States and the rest of the states do their own NICS check. So the check that you agree with is already happening. You can just google NICS check and it gives you all the information. 

What this bill will do is create a registry for firearm purchases. In every country that has ever had a registration, confiscation came next. 

I believe in the 2nd amendment. But I also believe that a person shouldn't be able to get out of jail for a violent crime, go to a gun store and make a purchase. The NICS check prevents this from happening. 

The 2nd amendment is a right. Not a government privilege. You lose your privilege when you become a felon. Both your right to vote and own a firearm. 

99.9% of the gun violence in this country caused by gang bangers battling for drug turf. These people are not going to a gun store and purchasing a firearm. I have no idea how or where they are coming from. I assume from illegal gun runners but it isn't from a legal source. This bill will do nothing for the main problem and will once again put restrictions on law abiding gun owners. 

These bills have nothing to do with curbing gun violence and everything to do with making owning a gun a privilege. Do you trust the government to decide whether or not you need a firearm? What make and model of firearm? 

• Like 5

Not only will UBC not work to lower crime, it will increase it.  Anytime you ban anything there is a demand for,  you create an illegal black market where lots of money can be made.  When criminals are looking at lots of money, they kill anyone that gets in their way.  Drugs are a perfect example, as was prohibition.  Stealing guns will be the first step for criminals, who will move on to smuggling and eventually manufacturing.  The only people who will be disarmed will be those left at the mercy of criminals.

Not one single politician or elitist calling for UBC has any intention of giving up the armed security they surround themselves with.  They see themselves as above the law and the masses as the great unwashed.

BTW, UBC will not allow you to leave your gun with your wife to protect herself when you are away for any length of time.  That will be an illegal transfer.  She will need her own gun registered to her.  If she shoots anyone with your gun, she will be prosecuted for being in possession of an illegal firearm and shooting someone with it.  That requires prison time under the law.  In NY people have already been sent to jail for shooting a home invaded with a firearm they didn't own.

To be very frank, supporting UBC is supporting your own oppression.  Being too stubborn to see the light in spite of all the warnings, is akin to being one of the pigs that follows the farmer because he feeds them, while not believing he will one day slaughter them.

On 8/4/2020 at 4:49 PM, Revenant said:

In my opinion, it's not that big of a deal, and it doesn't hurt anything to help keep guns only in the hands of the good guys.  

When the government benefits from having a wide range of criteria to determine what constitutes a "good guy", you can bet it will broaden that criteria and use it like a bludgeon against it's political opposition.  To think otherwise would be naive. 

We saw it under the prior administration when it weaponized many govt agencies to go after it's political opposition.  Anti-gun organizations are already pushing lots of things they want added to the list of items that would make you a "bad guy" and prevent you from owning a gun. 

Smoking pot is one of them, regardless if they legalize it or allow it for medicinal purposes.  Others include social media posts that aren't PC, unproven divorce accusations of all kinds, membership in politically incorrect organizations like the NRA, unfounded accusations of racism, and many more allegations that don't afford the accused any form of due process. 

UBC will be abused to the point of making it a tool for putting firearms in the hands of government loyalists, while stripping them from political opposition.  History has proven this happens and it never turns out to be a good thing for individual liberty.