It’s an alluring piece of hunting equipment encouraged by fanatical cult cool guys who want to be extra cool and hunt from a hammock suspended in a tree after constructing rope bridges and pully systems! I kid of course (sort of)

I like and hunt mostly from the Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does not appear suited to tree naps. Hard pass by me. I'll stick to my ultra comfy summit

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a Summit Viper I got on clearance at Wamlart this winter for $90.  I've been using hang ons, and will continue to, but I have a couple spots where I plan to use the climber.  I used to have a ladder stand also but after staying out for years on end it started to get shaky and I just haven't replaced it.

13 minutes ago, covert said:

I have a Summit Viper I got on clearance at Wamlart this winter for $90.  I've been using hang ons, and will continue to, but I have a couple spots where I plan to use the climber.  I used to have a ladder stand also but after staying out for years on end it started to get shaky and I just haven't replaced it.

That's a great price!

30 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I like this one !! How much was it ? 

Here is a link if you order from Muddy...https://shop.gomuddy.com/tree-stands/climbers-climbing-tree-stands/

I caught mine on sale at Cabela's and paid about $200. I wasn't pleased with the fact it is made in China but it has been a good stand for me, Very sturdy, comfortable, and folds up into a compact package that is not cumbersome.

I also use the thirdhand straps recommended by many on here.

They are almost a must for any climber and can be used to make the Muddy even easier to pack by criss crossing across the back.https://www.amazon.com/Third-Hand-Climbing-Stands-Stabilizer/dp/B00VR18IVY

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve D said:

Here is a link if you order from Muddy...https://shop.gomuddy.com/tree-stands/climbers-climbing-tree-stands/

I caught mine on sale at Cabela's and paid about $200. I wasn't pleased with the fact it is made in China but it has been a good stand for me, Very sturdy, comfortable, and folds up into a compact package that is not cumbersome.

I also use the thirdhand straps recommended by many on here.

They are almost a must for any climber and can be used to make the Muddy even easier to pack by criss crossing across the back.https://www.amazon.com/Third-Hand-Climbing-Stands-Stabilizer/dp/B00VR18IVY

Nothing improves a climber like the Thirdhand straps, they are the best $20 youll spend on hunting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trial153 said:

Had summit and replaced it with a lone wolf. Easier to pack in and out, climbs good, not quite as comfortable however it's still fine for an all day sit. I like it..

They are a little lighter and more compact...I have a loan wolf also, but it seems like I'm always grabbing or sitting in my summit. One of my Summits (not sure what model/it's older) folds flat so  on a long hike I use that one now. The only time my lone wolf get used  is if my others are all on trees..

2 hours ago, ncountry said:

They are a little lighter and more compact...I have a loan wolf also, but it seems like I'm always grabbing or sitting in my summit. One of my Summits (not sure what model/it's older) folds flat so  on a long hike I use that one now. The only time my lone wolf get used  is if my others are all on trees..

The one that folds flat is the switchblade. I have that one. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, Northcountryman said:

Hey Guys ,

For the past  number of years Been putting up ladder stands because they tend to be more secure ; downside is , they’re a pain to put up and take down unless you have help . Also , for the first time ever , I was ticketed this past offseason for keeping my stand up on public land . By law , I know you’re supposed to but had never been caught before so seems like It’s even More impractical to take up and out down a ladder stand each and every season where I hunt . So , I’m thinking of switching to a climber . I’ve never used one before . Do you like them  ? Any brands or makes you woulD recommend ? Thanks , hope everyone’s safe and well :)

I have had every climber........   They all suck balls...... pain in the ass... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Much easier with lock on and extension ladder even though it sucks if you have to take them down every year.............

You think carrying an extension ladder to hunt is easier than a climber- I realize it’s only for set up and breakdown but that process a line is a deal breaker and how many set ups do you have...no shot.
I hunt anywhere every other day or am
To pm with some slight discomfort of 20 pounds on my back. Is 20 pounds a lot?!? WTF you gonna do when you shoot a deer?

46 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You think carrying an extension ladder to hunt is easier than a climber- I realize it’s only for set up and breakdown but that process a line is a deal breaker and how many set ups do you have...no shot.
I hunt anywhere every other day or am
To pm with some slight discomfort of 20 pounds on my back. Is 20 pounds a lot?!? WTF you gonna do when you shoot a deer?

It is not even up for debate........   Setting up a lockon before season and hunting them walking freely in the woods and getting up a ladder in 5 seconds than fumbling around with a climber at the bottom of a tree then all the bullshit that comes along with crooked trees, or hangups that a climber cause if the tree is not perfect and the fking sweating balls or the fking freezing my hands off in zero degree weather setting up that co--sucker.

If I shoot a deer I drag it out of the woods without a climber on my back and I take it to the butcher and the next morning I walk to my stand and go hunting again. You literally make zero sense...........  

It is not even up for debate........   Setting up a lockon before season and hunting them walking freely in the woods and getting up a ladder in 5 seconds than fumbling around with a climber at the bottom of a tree then all the bullshit that comes along with crooked trees, or hangups that a climber cause if the tree is not perfect and the fking sweating balls or the fking freezing my hands off in zero degree weather setting up that co--sucker.
If I shoot a deer I drag it out of the woods without a climber on my back and I take it to the butcher and the next morning I walk to my stand and go hunting again. You literally make zero sense...........  

I don't think the debate is pre hung stands vs the climber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2