My New Gun, A Milwaukee

I am always building or repairing  stuff here on the farm and the best invention to come along for carpentry work for me is a framing nail gun. Working by myself most times it is a real pain to do work with a hammer and nails for larger and even small projects. Nail guns just cut work time and ease of work dramatically at least for my skill set. The compressed air powered guns work great but I run into problems building stuff a long way off from power with no way to keep the compressor fired up other than a generator. So there are the Paslode type cordless gas-electric battery nail guns that can be taken anywhere, I have been using a Campbell Hausfeild clone for a few years now  and while it works ok I just do not care for the gas part for it's operation and have longed for a company to produce a reliable cordless battery operated gun.

The word was out the Milwaukee was going to have a line of battery operated nail guns and one that was a real deal 30 degree framing nailer and now they are finally on the market. I have had the full line of Milwaukee fuel battery operated power tools for several years,  I am totally sold on them and impressed with as they operate as well as corded stuff so this was the outfit I wanted buy from.

So after watching some online reviews and getting a thumbs up I took the plunge and ordered one. I had my batteries charged and ready to go when the Milwaukee was delivered. After watching all the videos I did not even need to read the instructions, I put a battery in filled the magazine with nails and gave her a test run. When out to my backyard range and proceeded to shore up my shooting bench, picnic table, pavilion and target frames lickety split, this thing works like a dream. I have a cattle "run in" building that has to be overhauled soon and this tool is going to make that job much easier.

The Milwaukee is not cheap and is not for everyone but for me it is going to make my impending and projects to come most importantly doable by myself. The only drawback for me is the weight, she is on the heavy side but manageable, as Al Bundy used to say "you will have arms like a Java man" operating this tool for any length of time. 

Thinking about a framing nailer? give the Milwaukee a lot of consideration, it's a good one.

Al

2020-08-05_100346.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3