NYS Attorney General Looks To Dissolve the NRA

Not sure how she could dissolve the organization when they aren't even based in NY. That said they should and boot out all the scumbags first of all WLP he's a piece of shit and the reason I refuse to give a single penny of my hard earned money to them. GOA and FPC have been far more effective and helpful lately. They get rid of the fat at the NRA then I'll contribute again. And this comes from a Life Member

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2

Not sure how she could dissolve the organization when they aren't even based in NY. That said they should and boot out all the scumbags first of all WLP he's a piece of shit and the reason I refuse to give a single penny of my hard earned money to them. GOA and FPC have been far more effective and helpful lately. They get rid of the fat at the NRA then I'll contribute again. And this comes from a Life Member

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I don’t really disagree with you. If the allegations are true hold those people accountable for their actions and let the NRA vote for new leadership or however it’s done.

Having the NRA dissolved completely would be the bad part. They may not be perfect but they are the largest organization supporting gun rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I don’t really disagree with you. If the allegations are true hold those people accountable for their actions and let the NRA vote for new leadership or however it’s done.

Having the NRA dissolved completely would be the bad part. They may not be perfect but they are the largest organization supporting gun rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh for sure! If anything she may be able to kick out their financial center in NY but dissolve them completely? Seems a bit ridiculous. We need an actual lawyer to chime in here.@moog5050 any thoughts?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

9 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

they aren't even based in NY.

I saw an article mentioning that they had their articles of incorporation originally filed in NY even though they are now based in Virginia. Apparently that gives Cuomo's attack dog, Letitia the ability to attempt this.

I've been an NRA member for a long time and while I'm not happy for how little they did for us against the SAFE Act, I certainly don't want to see their demise! 

• Like 1

I saw an article mentioning that they had their articles of incorporation originally filed in NY even though they are now based in Virginia. Apparently that gives Cuomo's attack dog, Letitia the ability to attempt this.
I've been an NRA member for a long time and while I'm not happy for how little they did for us against the SAFE Act, I certainly don't want to see their demise! 
Oh for sure the total demise would not be ideal. Now holding the scumbags accountable would be most excellent! WLP, King. All of em. Out! Would be quite nice to get back to the original roots and cause they once stood for

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 3

Accusations are one thing especially coming from an NRA hating libtard Cuomo boot licker, I would like to see some concrete proof of all these alleged dirty doings.
Al
The doings of WLP are very public. The guy is a cancer on the NRA. Now the other people I couldn't say, but my issue is mostly with WLP he's garbage and needs to be thrown out all together

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

The malfance that has been going on in the NRA is well documented over the last couple years. Several board members and some in leadership positions have tried to the right that ship and they been booted out by WLP and company. I was life member and benefactor until there is new leadership and direction they will not see another dime of support to me.

• Like 2

LaPierre looks like a wax mannequin to me.  I've never seen a smile or even a trace of one on his mug.  Maybe he's really dead but the NRA made a wax replica of him that they bring to the TV interviews.  They play the same recorded talking points over and over again while the mannequin's mouth moves up and down.    :)

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If Biden wins the white house and Fed attorney general is lets say - Beto O'rouke.  Then does this suit come from the feds......yikes 

the NRA barely has any teeth left as it is. 

The reason NRA has no teeth to bite with is because WLP, and a few of his cronies bled the NRA of it's life's blood.....$$$

While doing little to advance gun rights agendas anywhere. Including a more vigorous fight right here in NYS against the Safe Act! It is all very well documented. 

I too am a life member of NRA. Have been a member since 1979. But I will not contribute one more penny to WLP and his BS! Gut the upper levels of the NRA and bring it back to what it once was. The chief benefactor for upholding the 2nd amendment, gun rights and firearms education in the country. Not an exclusive sportsmans club for the rich and spoiled .

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

The malfance that has been going on in the NRA is well documented over the last couple years.

It sure has, especially so by the liberal press, they would love nothing better than to bring down the NRA and spread descent among members. It is also well documented that NY State was going to go after the NRA in court much the same as they are going after Trump with anything they can come up with.

I  am a life member myself and have been following this fiasco since the from the get-go and all I have seen so far is squabbling and back and forth accusations but no proof positive and in my book you are innocent until proven otherwise.

Anyone found guilty beyond a doubt of serious wrong doing should pay the price and when I can see that I am all in.

Al

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

The reason NRA has no teeth to bite with is because WLP, and a few of his cronies bled the NRA of it's life's blood.....$$$

While doing little to advance gun rights agendas anywhere. Including a more vigorous fight right here in NYS against the Safe Act! It is all very well documented. 

I too am a life member of NRA. Have been a member since 1979. But I will not contribute one more penny to WLP and his BS! Gut the upper levels of the NRA and bring it back to what it once was. The chief benefactor for upholding the 2nd amendment, gun rights and firearms education in the country. Not an exclusive sportsmans club for the rich and spoiled .

I have to agree- been asking "what have they done for me lately" for a few years.  About the only gun rights group with at least somewhat of a base of membership.  Hell PETA has more members than the NRA these days  - which tells you right there where society is.  I am sure they didnt bother with NY laws cause they realize its a waste of funds and NY is a lost cause and a fight they wont win and prob a fairly low membership state per population.   But i havent liked a lot of their moves over the last few years, sadly no other group is taking up any fight either. Sometimes i feel about the NRA like i do about Trump - like some of the stuff he does hate swallowing the rest. Im not sure whos leadership can bring it back or bolster their numbers enough to give them any real say. Charleton Heston aint walking thru that door. 

• Like 2

The idea that the NRA could have prevented or can wave some sort of wand and repeal the Safe Act is folly, they can file lawsuits till the cows come home. Nothing is going to change because the safe act was done legally by legislation under our laws by politicians and to get it repealed has to be done the same way. 

Whose blame is it that we have the Democrat politicians in office running the state, it is not the NRA! They give us a clear rating of all politician's stance on firearms matters, and it is up to the people to use that information when casting their votes. 

You want to get rid of the safe act? that is done by not sitting on our ass election day, we have to get out to the polls and start voting Democrats out of office at all levels!

One more thing, if anyone thinks the NRA is not relevant they should ask themselves why the Democrats are Hell bent for leather to destroy the organization by any means. 

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 4

Agree about WLP . Generally if you have a few crooks in an organization  , stealing or misappropriation of funds you go after them ,not disband the organization .

As much as I might feel others like GOA, are more on target ,they don’t have the numbers which mean votes ,which is why the NRA has held sway in many areas , when you have 50k of mostly single issue voters in one congressional district,  you often get what you want .

Now if they get disbanded and every member joined another group that would be good, but I’ll never happen ,  NRA will never be replaced by an equal group much less a  stronger one .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Agree about WLP . Generally if you have a few crooks in an organization  , stealing or misappropriation of funds you go after them ,not disband the organization .

As much as I might feel others like GOA, are more on target ,they don’t have the numbers which mean votes ,which is why the NRA has held sway in many areas , when you have 50k of mostly single issue voters in one congressional district,  you often get what you want .

Now if they get disbanded and every member joined another group that would be good, but I’ll never happen ,  NRA will never be replaced by an equal group much less a  stronger one .

I agree with you Larry. We do need the numbers that the NRA can generate as far as lobbying for our gun rights. And without question, people like you and I, need that representation now more than ever, in todays political quagmire. There is nothing wrong with the NRA itself. But it is now being run by crooks, and people who want us to send them more money to enrich themselves, not fight for our rights.

Over just the last two years, the NRA lost sixty four million dollars. Doesn't sound like much in today's corporate atmosphere. But you can't get the mission done with no money! It's time for the NRA to stop the bleeding, and rebuild from the ground up. Get rid of all the riff raff at the top like WLP, who only look at the NRA as a self enrichment program. 

I would again, fully support the NRA tomorrow, if it would go back to the principles of the past, that made it so great. And I really hope it does, sooner, rather than later. We need a strong NRA now, more than ever. It just has to clean house before that can happen.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 3

I agree with you Larry. We do need the numbers that the NRA can generate as far as lobbying for our gun rights. And without question, people like you and I, need that representation now more than ever, in todays political quagmire. There is nothing wrong with the NRA itself. But it is now being run by crooks, and people who want us to send them more money to enrich themselves, not fight for our rights.
Over just the last two years, the NRA lost sixty four million dollars. Doesn't sound like much in today's corporate atmosphere. But you can't get the mission done with no money! It's time for the NRA to stop the bleeding, and rebuild from the ground up. Get rid of all the riff raff at the top like WLP, who only look at the NRA as a self enrichment program. 
I would again, fully support the NRA tomorrow, if it would go back to the principles of the past, that made it so great. And I really hope it does, sooner, rather than later. We need a strong NRA now, more than ever. It just has to clean house before that can happen.
I told the girl that called last time for donations get rid of WLP and I will donate. She replied he's VP now and not in charge I said don't bother calling me again until he's gone completely because until that day you will never see another penny of my hard earned money. Thankfully haven't heard a peep from them cold calling again

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

The article states “The attorney general looks to recoup millions in lost assets and stop the four individuals from serving on the board for any non-profit charitable organizations."

So AG James is looking to "recoup millions in lost assets"?  What would happen to all those millions?  New York State is broke and in need of money to fund its welfare programs.  

The article states “James charges the NRA with illegal conduct stating that: ‘their diversion of millions of dollars away from the charitable mission of the organization for personal use by senior leadership”

So AG James, an anti-gun politician states that the NRA has a “charitable mission”?  That does not sound like something ant-gun people say about the NRA.

The article states ““The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse”

Sounds like she is talking about the political party that “is fraught with fraud and abuse” who create false charges against President Trump.

The article states “which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law.”

So AG James says the NRA has a “charitable mission”, but she wants to dissolve it?  Why is AG James wanting to “dissolve the NRA”, an organization James said has “charitable mission”?

The article states “In the suit, Attorney General James laid out dozens of examples where four individuals failed to fulfill their duty to the NRA and used millions from the association’s reserve for personal use including: trips for them and their families, private jets, expensive meals and other private travel.

Where does AG James come off dissolving a corporation because she alleges “four individuals failed to fulfill their duty to the NRA”?  Prosecute them.  Does AG James have the NRA confused with the Clinton Foundation or the Sheldon Silver Foundation?

AG James is an example of politicians who do not respect the Second Amendment.  As AG she has the authority to enter into handgun possession carry reciprocity agreements with other state AG’s, but refuses to do so.  This would enable New York State pistol permits to be honored in other states and likewise our fellow Americans can legally carry in New York State.  AG James is just another anti-gun politician, like Governor Andrew Cuomo.

• Like 2

The NRA is kind of a sham. The people at the top get rich and they hardly care about all gun rights. They care about hunters, bolt action rifles and 1911’s that take 8 rounds. Hardly about ALL types of firearms and not to mention the NFA. They are basically greedy politicians at this point. Lots of info about ol wayne and his misuse of funds. This goes way back to the 60s and 70s not new information. Do a little research before you blindly donate money to them. I say hard pass! The GOA (gun owners of america) is a more worthy cause.

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

I am seeing this as a political hit job to neuter the NRA in the middle of the most important presidential election of our time, ask Hillary or Al Gore if the NRA is a sham. The Democrats know well their influence on elections, this has Bloomberg and Soros written all over it, getting rid of corrupt officials is one thing but dismantling is something entirely different. I have been around long enough to know that gun ownership in this country would be entirely different today had it not been for the NRA and I for one am not going to abandon the ship. 

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The NRA has been one of the most effective organizations helping to elect pro gun candidates bar none. We are in the fight of our lives to keep our firearms. If you don't believe it read the DEMS platform which will gut the Second Amendment. Biden is actively calling for another assault weapons ban. Mike Bloomberg is spending his billions to take away your guns. I ask those of you that are not supporting the NRA what you are doing to keep your guns? When the swat team knocks on your door, it's too late to develop a plan. I hope you are donating directly to pro gun candidates if you're not donating to the NRA. Money is the ammo in this fight and without it we are going to lose! A year from now you may well wish you had sent in a few bucks.

• Like 4

Seeing the membership defend outright corruption and thievery we can see how we got to this point.

Dont forget that the NRA is incorporated in NY. So this has to take place in NY, there isn't any option. Furthermore this clearing house has been called for by members of the board for almost 3 years and everyone of those members have been shown the door. Generally speaking with corruption of this magnitude what your seeing is only the tip of the iceberg.

The scare rackets that been used by the NRA marketing to fleece its membership, in order to keep pading the pockets of these thieves is indefensible.

• Like 1