NYS Attorney General Looks To Dissolve the NRA

The NRA and their own malfance opened this can of worms and put the target up for its poltical enemies.

This has been coming for a couple years WLP and his corhots have been robbing the membership blind, anyone on the board that stood up against this thievery was promptly removed.
And what did the membership do? Turn a blind eye and send more money. This x life member and benicaftor is not sympathetic in the least.

Isn't it a huge blunder by the NRA that they remained incorporated as a non-profit in this liberal cesspool called New York??  Why didn't they incorporate in some other more gun friendly state long ago?   Hell, they don't even try to fight NY gun laws knowing they don't have a chance in the world to win, yet they remained incorporated in NYS??  What kind of sense does that make?  They literally asked for trouble here in my honest opinion.  Most especially since there seems to be plenty of evidence of wrong doing by it's leadership.  Too late now.  Win or lose this case they will have to face the music.  They set themselves up for this.

• Like 1

Instead of sending my hard earned money to the NRA. I have been sending donations to National and Local, Republican and Conservative parties and candidates, that support my rights and beliefs.

As I said in a prior post, I am a life member in the NRA and heartbroken over the way WLP and his cronies have run the organisation into the ground. Also, it is no surprise at all that the Dimocrates are stirring all this up in an election year. Standard Operating Procedure, in politics now days.

I encourage everyone, to lend their support, as much as possible, to a party or candidate this year that supports what they believe. Since the NRA no longer believes in us. We are just marks to them at this point.

• Like 1

We need another Neal Knox.

Gee.  Why is it if officers of the NRA are suspected of embezzlement we dissolve the organization but when the officers of the UFCW local in Utica were suspected of embezzlement the offending parties were investigated, prosecuted and jailed instead of shutting down the Union?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, covert said:

We need another Neal Knox.

Gee.  Why is it if officers of the NRA are suspected of embezzlement we dissolve the organization but when the officers of the UFCW local in Utica were suspected of embezzlement the offending parties were investigated, prosecuted and jailed instead of shutting down the Union?

Hate to say it but ALL unions should be investigated ! How many Unions have Board Members whom have not actually worked in years ? Mention Term Limits to them and they'll terminate your ability to do so ! How many Board members have actually retired but are still Board Members and getting paid ?

Generally anywhere from 60-80 percent of all dues goes for Political activity and a mere 5-10 percent to represent the worker and the rest is fun money for the local ! Forgive me for being Honest !

4 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

Hate to say it but ALL unions should be investigated ! How many Unions have Board Members whom have not actually worked in years ? Mention Term Limits to them and they'll terminate your ability to do so ! How many Board members have actually retired but are still Board Members and getting paid ?

Generally anywhere from 60-80 percent of all dues goes for Political activity and a mere 5-10 percent to represent the worker and the rest is fun money for the local ! Forgive me for being Honest !

What local did you belong too ? That sounds like a sh!t show .

I can only speak to my Local , at every meeting the treasurer reads his treasures report , including our opening and closing statements ,explaining every expenditure . Then closes with , “ the books are always open ,to anyone at anytime .” There is zero spent on “ fun money. “ it’s also audited every year .Our Pres. draws his city salary as per our contract , the rest of the executive board ,works full time for the city and gets a stipend from the union of somewhere around $4-5 grand a year , for an ungodly number of hours they put in . They come up for election every few years , no term limits needed.  But few want the positions , to much work to,little reward .

It’s illegal for us to use dues money for political purposes, which is why the Local formed a PAC several, years ago, and asked if each member would  consider giving just two bucks to it each pay period ( $52 a year ) , opt out at anytime  . The local representatives would not even return our phone call . That’s some power we yield right there .

I can’t speak to the International .

Oh and as for the Janus decision, we’re still 100% union strong ,nobody opted out every new guy signed up .

In other  good news for, our family , daughters fiancé just got in a Local tradesman Union .

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

What local did you belong too ? That sounds like a sh!t show .

I can only speak to my Local , at every meeting the treasurer reads his treasures report , including our opening and closing statements ,explaining every expenditure . Then closes with , “ the books are always open ,to anyone at anytime .” There is zero spent on “ fun money. “ it’s also audited every year .Our Pres. draws his city salary as per our contract , the rest of the executive board ,works full time for the city and gets a stipend from the union of somewhere around $4-5 grand a year , for an ungodly number of hours they put in . They come up for election every few years , no term limits needed.  But few want the positions , to much work to,little reward .

It’s illegal for us to use dues money for political purposes, which is why the Local formed a PAC several, years ago, and asked if each member would  consider giving just two bucks to it each pay period ( $52 a year ) , opt out at anytime  . The local representatives would not even return our phone call . That’s some power we yield right there .

I can’t speak to the International .

Oh and as for the Janus decision, we’re still 100% union strong ,nobody opted out every new guy signed up .

In other  good news for, our family , daughters fiancé just got in a Local tradesman Union .

Currently there are three kinds of " Shops "    1.  Closed Shop - no longer legal , where if you didn't belong you didn't get a job . 2. Open Shop - you do not need to join and is completely voluntary .  3. Agency Shop - whether or not you join you pay dues , and generally the Union " Donates " to a PAC of its own choosing and the membership usually does not know which PAC their dues are going to . The union always says you can come to the union hall and check its books , unfortunately  they have three sets of books - One for the IRS , One for the Membership to see and the Actual One !  The dues were increased in the last few years because several of the Executive Board members received an Early Out package from the employer and Retired to the Union Hall and are being paid $ 18000.00 per year because they didn't want to lose any Social Security Benefits ! Good Deal HUH ?