Venison Donation Coalition (VDC)

Hey everyone. I know this is not a program or organization that is actually connected to QDMA or the Greater Rochester Branch. However, as part of QDMA's initiative to share venison, Greater Rochester and the branches across the state chose to support the efforts of the VDC. Many members on here have been very supportive with cash donations through the DECALS license portal, our Go Fund Me drive and actually donating deer through the participating processors. Thank you for that. 

I wanted to put this post up for a couple of reasons. First, I was asked to sit on the Board of the VDC and we had the annual meeting yesterday. It was very informative and shed a lot of light for me on how the organization works and actually accomplishes their mission. I left with a greater appreciation for their passion to feed the needy and to keep this organization funded and going into the future. 

Next I wanted to remind everyone as license come on sale in a few days (8/10) to consider making a donation when purchasing your license. It does not end up in NY coffers. NY simple accumulates the donated funds and send them directly to VDC. I have already set up my personal account for the new online licensing system and it is featured prominently on the donation tab as you make your way through the license purchase.  If you buy in person please remind the agent you are buying it from that you want to donate. This is one hurdle we are trying to overcome, but since NY doesn't seem to do much training on this systems, the agents never seem to ask. 

Finally, I am proposing to the GRST officers and board that we run the Go Fund Me again and put the branch match out there at thee same $1,000 as the last two years. 

Please, even a couple bucks will help. $2 puts 4 serving of venison in front of the hungry in need in our state. I can't think of a better way to pay forward. Pick your preferred method and join me in supporting this worthy program. 

Keep an eye on this thread as I will be posting some up coming news about the VDC that you may be interested in. 

• Like 4

Here is an interesting way to support the VDC and not cost you a penny, if you shop with Amazon. You can go through their "Smile" portal and fro every qualified purchase, Amazon donates 0.5% to the selected not for profit. Here is how yo do it. .

Here's how to shop AmazonSmile:
  1. Visit smile.amazon.com.
  2. Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials.
  3. Choose the .
  4. Search for / Select  the "Venison Donation Coalition" as your charity
  5. Change your bookmark to take you to your account at smile.Amazon.com

This costs nothing to the purchaser. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to put this out there again.

Here is an interesting way to support the VDC and not cost you a penny, if you shop with Amazon. You can go through their "Smile" portal and fro every qualified purchase, Amazon donates 0.5% to the selected not for profit. Here is how yo do it. .

3. Search for / Select  the "Venison Donation Coalition" as your charity
  4. Change your bookmark to take you to your account at smile.Amazon.com

• Like 2

On 8/31/2020 at 9:56 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Just wanted to put this out there again.

3. Search for / Select  the "Venison Donation Coalition" as your charity
  4. Change your bookmark to take you to your account at smile.Amazon.com

Done

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

BOB - What's going on with this program currently? Couple of large venison processors in Wayne county are NOT accepting any deer this year. Can't imagine those small, garage-shop butchers participate in the VDC. I typically donate one deer/year and would like to continue, but finding it almost impossible to find a participating processor esp in Wayne County. Latest news!??!

Edited by nyslowhand

On 10/23/2020 at 8:34 PM, nyslowhand said:

BOB - What's going on with this program currently? Couple of large venison processors in Wayne county are NOT accepting any deer this year. Can't imagine those small, garage-shop butchers participate in the VDC. I typically donate one deer/year and would like to continue, but finding it almost impossible to find a participating processor esp in Wayne County. Latest news!??!

just saw this. Their website should be updated now with the available processors for 2020. Can you PM me who you know of that are no longer doing it? I am sitting on the board for the VDC now and I didn't think we lost any locals since they upped the reimbursement cost.