Pre-Season Tune-Up

fasteddie

For those of you that get the NY Outdoor News , there is an interesting article on tuning your bow in the August 7 edition . It mentions how frayed serving and strings can affect other things on the bow and affect shooting . If you don't get this paper , buy the August 7 edition and read the article . Or read the article at the magazine rack ,

A few years ago my string was going bad which i didnt realize since it looked ok. That threw everything off on a weekly basis. I tried to re-adjust stuff and never got good arrow flight. I know to change my strings at least every two years now with the amount of arrows i shoot.

• Like 1

Last Year about 2-3 days before crossbow opened I took it out to send a couple bolts at my target ( no I don't practice ! ) and sure enough the string snapped on the third bolt , talk about yelling where the $@&k do I get re-strung now ? And yes I panicked so like it or not I went to Field and Stream and they said in about one week .   Tik Toc Tik Toc Tik Toc .... 3 days later I called them and they said it was done yesterday and they were going to call me today ( and Santa Clause is Real !) so I had the crossbow for opening day ! Didn't score but I was there !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Change my string out every 3 years, they last much longer, but begin to loose their integrity faster. String wax is your friend.

Thanks for the reminder . I haven't waxed by bow string in a couple months .

• Like 1

Took mine in a month ago and got a string and cable job. Just have to find the time to start shooting. To many projects we're trying to complete while dodging all this coronavirus crap makes things way more complicated and time consuming than they need to be. :banghead:

The heat and humidity is also taking it's toll :heat: