lesson learned

meateater

about a week ago my friend Brian told me that the media [news 12 bklyn] was going to be @ floyd Bennett field to try to get the national parks service to reopen the archery range  . well the one reporter came down a a pretty black girl very nice and pleasant set up a video camera on a tripod and interviewed about the 5 of us that showed up . We all said we want to reopen the range there's no reason why it cant be open its outside and we always practiced social distancing any way i showed her the the lanes and walked it off it was like 7' apart . It was strange and i had a funny feeling cause she asked how much we paid to shoot we told her $75 a yr and do we want a refund we all said NO we want it reopened but she kept going on about the refund and the money. She interviewed me and brian for like 10 mins i personally explained see the debris it was never like this we maintain  this place and showed her plaques of guys who past away  and mass cards in the message board. In the interview we told her about the fishing and the garden club is allowed but not the archery range and no way they follow the safety  protocols. Now i dont get news 12 cause i got verizon for cable so i went on their site and watched first the anchor introduces the piece  saying archers are demanding refund @ floyd Bennett field i was like WHAT!!!! and she spun the story about the refund never interview anyone from the parks service  only that they issued some b/s statement . our interview was a  a 15 sec. sound byte made us look like jerks . She totally twisted what we said to make it look like we wanted our money back . TRUMPS 100% RIGHT THE FAKE NEWS!!!! liars  and spin doctors . i never felt easy with or trusted  the media but from now on its NO COMMENT!!! the only good thing i got to spray bug spray on her legs she was getting bitten up by the skeeters and was paranoid about the ticks.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1