blackbeltbill

HEY- HO-- LOST OVER 20LBS SINCE APRIL!!!

And down to 231lbs!  I Balloned up to over 250lbs from a Muscular 218lbs after my Girlfriend Patti passed in August of 2017.

In fact, I stopped looking at the Scale at 250lbs. Back in April, I was Wrestling with the thought that , I would have to buy 3 EX-L Shirts.  And to a Fanatical Martial Artist + mobile Turkey Hunter-- that was not going to happen!

I switched over to 2Ex-L shirt at around 210lbs and that is where, I am staying. I changed even more how, I Trained as far as the weights. I am lucky, I have no knee problems today as all Through my 20s + 30s- it was heavy Weights. I did most of my ultra Heavy stuff in Owner Bob Bollenbach's Power Rack for 1/4 + 1/2 reps. My best lift was a 700lb Half Squat in the Power Rack with no knee wraps,belt or lifting suit.Of course, I was only 22 at the time. I Bent Bob's Bar and he was Totally Pissed. He got over it though. 

So anyway, I lost all this Weight by Hiking of course since April. And now, I Bike 4 days a week after Dinner and I don't eat after Dinner usually.

And, I have been Training more like a MMA Fighter or a Guy in Prison. So today it is mostly Bodyweight Exercises for High Reps and Lighter Dumbell Work. 

My key exercise is the Hindu Squat. Very Enjoyable and has to be Learned.  It is done almost as if you are Diving into the Pool. Squat Down while throwing your Arms out behind you and Rise up while Throwing your arms straight in Front. Right now, I am up to Sets of 40 Reps. My Goal is at least 50 Reps. This one is a Lung Buster- LOL!   

I also do plenty of exercises in the middle with no rest. Wide Pushups are up to 40 reps a Set. I am trying to work up to 50 Reps. Basically, I don't Lockout the Pushup at the top and go 2/3rds down.  When, I get done, I Get up quick and throw Reverse Punches for about 5 each side . 

I don't want to bore anyone further with the rest of the exercises.  I go 3 days a week on this full Body workout. I have my own equipment TG.   I Just got done a Few minutes back with Dumbell Curls. Just 1 set of 30 reps with a Light 25lb Dumbell for each Arm.

So-- my Goal is 215lbs.  We will see. I have a Lawn + Woods Trails to Mow now.

Bowing off the Dojo Floor.

• Like 16

Congrats on the weight lose ,I'm also doing very similar type training except I'm doing plyometrics afterwork . My morning workout is 20 minutes on the bike and then a pyramid type set of push up 50,40,30,20,10 and then another 20 minutes on the bike . My biggest problem is late night eating ,I need to fix that and I'll really see a difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate seeing people using wraps too, Bill.  Let your forearms catch up with the rest of you.  Otherwise it's a good way to get hurt.

• Like 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Good for you Bill, loosing weight is hard. I am down about 35lbs in the last year or so. I got up to roughly 220 and i'm only 5'6". I did the same thing and said this is ridiculous.  I am down to about 185 and feel great. I would love to get to about 175 but I have been stuck for a month or so. I'm not doing any crazy exercises. Just changed how much I was eating, no eating after 6pm, and I walk my dog every night making sure I get at least at least 15000 steps per day on my fitbit….

• Like 1

I was just showing off this picture the other day to a few people ,they were taken about a year apart I guess. Another 20 pounds is the short term goal and hopefully another 15ish after that.

20200731_132425.jpg

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Stay away from the twinkees, great job on the weight loss.

I have not had Twinkies for awhile now-Lol!

Working for Decades in Warehouses, I got to meet + talk to a few guys straight out of Prison. They were huge + Jacked from Bodyweight Exercises  for High Reps . That is what they had to do as the weights were taken away. 

I think  taking Metamucil with 16 Oz's of Spring water the last 6 Weeks has helped out as well. I take mine around 8pm with plenty of Spring Water.

Just now, cynthiafu said:

I like to eat to much . I don't care how chucky I am . 

You look good from all the walking though.   Both of us were dead Tired before you figured out where that Gobbler was headed and we got there first!  

Glad your red winter wear was hidden though under your camo.

Congrats , it’s not an easy task for many .

Since no gym , I’m limited to chins , push ups ,rows with a piece of RR track ( don’t tell G man ) and one ,one pod kettle bell . Chins are a struggle as I’m up a few lbs , and can’t do neutral grip with a piece of pipe ,so it hurts my shoulders .

One neat way to do, chins and push ups ,is each minute on the minute do 1, then 2, then 3 keep going until you can’t finish the number in a minute .

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Congrats , it’s not an easy task for many .

Since no gym , I’m limited to chins , push ups ,rows with a piece of RR track ( don’t tell G man ) and one ,one pod kettle bell . Chins are a struggle as I’m up a few lbs , and can’t do neutral grip with a piece of pipe ,so it hurts my shoulders .

One neat way to do, chins and push ups ,is each minute on the minute do 1, then 2, then 3 keep going until you can’t finish the number in a minute .

I used to do plenty of very wide grip pullups made popular by Steeve Reeves.

Lately, I have doing Dumbell Rows and pulling that Dumbell back to each Hip for 30 reps. 

A few hours back, was in the Dollar General and " almost " bought a Box of Twinkies.

Why do they stack them near the entrance? First thing that, I saw on entering the store.

13 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

A few hours back, was in the Dollar General and " almost " bought a Box of Twinkies.

Why do they stack them near the entrance? First thing that, I saw on entering the store.

I  always feel good about myself when i don't give in to those temptations ,i doesn't happen often enough though.

• Like 1

Congrats Bill and Jeremy. I, too, have lost a bunch of weight since the pandemic. I was 182lbs in January and now I'm 152lbs. I usually drop every summer to around 173-175lbs, but these extra 20lbs off feels amazing. I don't do cardio per se, but i do my normal summertime activities like swim, yardwork, hike, etc. However, the big changes have been the following since I work from home:

1. I lift dumbbells 3x per week at home

2. I eat dinner at 5-530pm instead of 8-9pm

3. I don't ride a train 2 hours round-trip daily, so I get my outdoor chores done during reasonable hours instead of late at night.

I always ate fairly healthy, so i think being able to eat earlier and lift consistently has really made a difference. i still drink my beers on the weekend and have a huge a appetite for food.

e5f8b846b3ca2e2a759801e679d06dbe.plist

For years I’ve entered my morning weight into Apple health app on phone 4-5x per week.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Congrats Bill and Jeremy. I, too, have lost a bunch of weight since the pandemic. I was 182lbs in January and now I'm 152lbs. I usually drop every summer to around 173-175lbs, but these extra 20lbs off feels amazing. I don't do cardio per se, but i do my normal summertime activities like swim, yardwork, hike, etc. However, the big changes have been the following since I work from home:

1. I lift dumbbells 3x per week at home

2. I eat dinner at 5-530pm instead of 8-9pm

3. I don't ride a train 2 hours round-trip daily, so I get my outdoor chores done during reasonable hours instead of late at night.

I always ate fairly healthy, so i think being able to eat earlier and lift consistently has really made a difference. i still drink my beers on the weekend and have a huge a appetite for food.

e5f8b846b3ca2e2a759801e679d06dbe.plist

For years I’ve entered my morning weight into Apple health app on phone 4-5x per week.

Great Job Biz!    I have a Bike Ride coming up in a bit on the Heritage Trail.  Roughly 5 miles on my Mountain Bike on the flat + paved Trail.

• Like 1

Congrats guys losing weight isn't easy.

I've gone from 248# at the beginning of this year down to 196#s now.  I'm not doing any exercising yet but cut way back on my carbs. The first 30#s fell right off. Took me until May to hit my goal of 50#s now I'm just maintaining the weight loss.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Great Job Biz!    I have a Bike Ride coming up in a bit on the Heritage Trail.  Roughly 5 miles on my Mountain Bike on the flat + paved Trail.

Cya thursday at the GTG?

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Cya thursday at the GTG?

Don't know as my Jetta is running super rough.

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ride with cynthia!

We will see. I have a true Fred Flintstone car- lol!

I bet some of that weight loss is from trying to keep up with Cynthia In Stewart she is a beast on those trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk