Farewell HuntingNY.com

Rattler

On 8/12/2020 at 9:11 AM, blackbeltbill said:

Trueas, I am a member of NJwoods+waters and live in NY of course.

Unfortunately there were a few " Ankle Biters" on Rattler.    That is why GrowAlot Left..

I remember that ,she took a beating for using the woods as a dump.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I remember that ,she took a beating for using the woods as a dump.

yeah that one was all my fault and i regret it now. some stuff triggers me though and littering and stating it's ok because of law in texas is a big one.

the flip side of the coin is that people who post a LOT and post a LOT about non-hunting stuff will leave themselves open to some poking and prodding. Although, my favorite hunting related one for sure was the gun for turkey and crossbow for deer or some version of that. That one got us all pouring over the regs haha.

• Sad 1

God bless your move!  I always thought about moving to PA, don't think the wife would go along with it though.  I used to go down to Elysburg (around Danville) hour west of Scranton...sure is God's country and beautiful there.  Some really good gun clubs there. Used to go to the Penn state trapshooting tournaments there- some of the biggest tournaments in the country. Could never really understand how such a gun loving, hunting state could allow such anti gunners to get a hold on there.

4 minutes ago, halfnelson said:

God bless your move!  I always thought about moving to PA, don't think the wife would go along with it though.  I used to go down to Elysburg (around Danville) hour west of Scranton...sure is God's country and beautiful there.  Some really good gun clubs there. Used to go to the Penn state trapshooting tournaments there- some of the biggest tournaments in the country. Could never really understand how such a gun loving, hunting state could allow such anti gunners to get a hold on there.

Gun laws are not nearly as strict in PA compared to NY or am I somehow mistaken??

Wife wants out bad , our kids living here keep me here though . Once the youngest finds a solid guy , that may change things .

Sorry Larry I'm already spoken for. A little over a week now

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Haha 1

Congratulations, enjoy your move to PA. I sold my NYC home and kept my home in the Poconos. I live in Florida but couldn’t totally give up the northeast because it is in my blood. Even upstate NY I still go to. The Adirondacks, Thousand Islands, Lake George, Catskills,Finger lakes, Lake Ontario, Lake Champlain, Niagara’s Falls, etc.,etc.,etc. Heck I still love visiting NYC. But the northeast mountains are magnificent. And Pennsylvania is part of it. I used to ride my Harley out by State college and Williamsport. You may want to become a member of the world renowned Williamsport gun range . Allegheny forest is beautiful also. So enjoy life as a Keystoner. You lucky devil. Pennsylvania is where inland America starts. I’ll be up in October for the foliage for a couple of weeks. I can’t wait. You made a great decision. And you can still visit beautiful New York State for fun.

PS. There are some great custom rifle builders in PA. Ed Borden will not be too far from you. Borden actions are among the best made.  He is a master. 

Edited by Vinootz

Correction:Jim Borden. 
Also, I saw a post about cliques. I agree , and that is common on these forums. 
They gang up on people sometimes. It’s worse when one of them is overly sensitive or you oppose them. Very immature and childish. They will be the cause of their own undoing. Lol. I laugh at idiots like that. Enjoy Pennsylvania, you are surrounded by lots of game lands in the State College area. Say good riddance to NY with no regrets. It has become the People’s Republic of NY. Best decision you’ve probably ever made. Nothing wrong with becoming a Keystoner as I call us.

Edited by Vinootz
  • Like 1

Good luck Rattler. If it weren't for my wife, I'd be out of NY as well. I'm still many moons from retirement but I'd like to think that retirement involves not being in NY.

I certainly peruse this site much less now but have been on it for 10 years. Other forms of social media seem to be more of a participatory platform - and no holds barred, so bad and good to the experience. I check in once in a while but IMO the hunting related content is about as few and far between as I've seen it over those years. I guess if I am Rattler, there's probably not much reason to still participate after picking up shop and moving to PA; since this is a location based forum (NY) that does box it in somewhat.

21 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Right, I miss Rattler already! I always valued his Threads especially in the Political Section.

Bowmanmike was on Rattler too much and a few others.  Too bad this stuff happens..

Oh c'mon Bill. If you post in the political section all day everyday and not expect any take back that is not being very aware.  I think Rattler was plenty aware and wasn't worried about holding his end in any arguement. But you can't expect to post that much esp in the political section and not get responses. He brought his own arguments and discussions on to himself.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phade said:

Good luck Rattler. If it weren't for my wife, I'd be out of NY as well. I'm still many moons from retirement but I'd like to think that retirement involves not being in NY.

I certainly peruse this site much less now but have been on it for 10 years. Other forms of social media seem to be more of a participatory platform - and no holds barred, so bad and good to the experience. I check in once in a while but IMO the hunting related content is about as few and far between as I've seen it over those years. I guess if I am Rattler, there's probably not much reason to still participate after picking up shop and moving to PA; since this is a location based forum (NY) that does box it in somewhat.

you don't enjoy 70's kungfu and random southern rock videos mixed in with your trail cam photos?

10 years ago at least you and I were arguing about buck beds... which is at least on topic :) hope all is well phade, miss your contributions. 

you don't enjoy 70's kungfu and random southern rock videos mixed in with your trail cam photos?
10 years ago at least you and I were arguing about buck beds... which is at least on topic  hope all is well phade, miss your contributions. 

Is phade leaving?!? Hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Right, I miss Rattler already! I always valued his Threads especially in the Political Section.

Bowmanmike was on Rattler too much and a few others.  Too bad this stuff happens..

Get a life Bill. I disagreed with Rattler on most things and thats fine,everyone can have their opinion. I just think political stuff should stay in the political section. I want to read about hunting stuff and maybe have some friendly banter.

If one chooses to go to the political section then reading crazy stuff is no surprise. Anyone who posts anything there is gonna get some blowback.

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Ol belo- don't tune in to Chit- Chat as anything non hunting related is welcomed.

7 hours ago, phade said:

I certainly peruse this site much less now but have been on it for 10 years.

but IMO the hunting related content is about as few and far between as I've seen it over those years. 

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Is phade leaving?!? Hope not

no, but like him and many others we just tune in less and less. See sweet ole Bill's comment. 

Personally I'd take the later. Is what it is though. Little to no mods, an absent owner. Expecting change or growth is a silly idea with those variables in place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Personally I'd take the later. Is what it is though. Little to no mods, an absent owner. Expecting change or growth is a silly idea with those variables in place. 

I'll volunteer to be a Mod. I have a little time every other day or so.

:dwarf::paladin:

Edited by DirtTime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

no, but like him and many others we just tune in less and less. See sweet ole Bill's comment. 

Still here babysitting ! 

• Thanks 2