how bout them apples

Robhuntandfish

ive noticed this week looks like a bumper crop of apples in this area anyway.  Trees seem to be loaded even seeing some on the ground.  Early season apple trees might be a good place to snoop around. I guess apples like heat and humidity.  Prob an easy winter also helped.

Edited by Robhuntandfish

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Every year I say I’m gonna plant apple trees on dad’s land. I never do. By now I’d be seeing fruit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apple trees will need to be babied a little from the get go and fenced off from deer. Ive seen them chewed off right at the ground. 

• Like 1

It's his or miss in northern Columbia county.   Lots of oaks and mediocre hickory nuts.  Any client that has a black walnut, it's loaded.  Never seen a deer even sniff a BW nut.  

Edited by mowin

My wife's family owned an apple family in Williamson, NY.  They both passed away last year and since no one wanted the farm we ended up selling it.   I'm going to miss just walk out back and getting eight different types of apples right from tree.

My horse friends are going to miss that too.

And buy apples???????  Gosh, I've never done that.