Biden/Harris 2020!

Biden just announced that his 2020 running mate will be Kamala Harris. I for one am incredibly pleased with this. He kept his promise of selecting a woman, she is a well qualified woman of color, and has a strong moderate streak, just like Biden. I am looking forward to a fun POTUS race this year!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Is the presidential running mate always announced around this time?

Seems really late to me. Announcement today then only 3 months for debates and such before Election Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually it's July/August. Here's a good list: https://www.thoughtco.com/when-are-presidential-running-mates-chosen-3367681

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/us/politics/kamala-harris-snoop-tupac.html

The article states “Was it Snoop?” he asked.  “Oh yeah, definitely Snoop,” Ms. Harris said. “Tupac for sure.”

The article states “But after a viral tweet ignited backlash from marijuana activists and conservatives, Ms. Harris faces accusations that she fabricated parts of her story. In the midst of answering simultaneous questions about what music she listens to, she appeared to some to say she listened to rap artists like Tupac and Snoop Dogg as she smoked in college, though neither released an album until after she graduated.

It appears that Senator Harris has a problem with events in time.  Could the marijuana smoking caused her to be unable to know what really happened?  that is why marijuana is classified as "dope".

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Joe and the Ho.  This should be fun to watch.

You know what, that’s not okay. I was gonna let that roll off, but comments like that just prove the sexism that exists in our society. If a woman is successful, the rumors of how “she slept her way to the top” start flying around. You should be ashamed of spreading that misogynistic bull crap around. It took all of what 5 hours or less for your macho butt to start flinging around sexist comments, I’m sure you’re  very proud. 

Edited by Revenant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Revenant said:

You know what, that’s not okay. I was gonna let that roll off, but comments like that just prove the sexism that exists in our society. If a woman is successful, the rumors of how “she slept her way to the top” start flying around. You should be ashamed of spreading that misogynistic bull crap around. It took all of what 5 hours or less for your macho butt to start flinging around sexist comments, I’m sure your very proud. 

What the hell do expect  when posting  that crap in this overwhelmingly  conservative crowd  ??

You are just  beaming with pride for stirring up shit....Go peddle your papers elsewhere...

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

What the hell do expect  when posting  that crap in this overwhelmingly  conservative crowd  ??

You are just  beaming with pride for stirring up shit....Go peddle your papers elsewhere...

I expect more from people than a comment like that, I don’t care if they’re conservative, liberal or in between  

Sorry, I didn’t know this was a conservative safe space, sorry to intrude and point out a blatantly sexist comment. I’ve been a member of this forum since January, and most who have had some back and forth with me know where I stand politically. However, I’m an avid hunter, I appreciate the knowledge that is present on this board, and I respect political differences. I knew I’d get some banter for this post, I’m not naive. However, I won’t read bull crap like that comment and not call it out for what it is. 
On top of that, I know there are at least a few hunters on here that fall a little left of the fence. If that makes you uncomfortable, we’ll, that’s your own issue. 

Edited by Revenant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Sorry, I didn’t know this was a conservative safe space, sorry to intrude and point out a blatantly sexist comment. I’ve been a member of this forum since January, and most who have had some back and forth with me know where I stand politically. However, I’m an avid hunter, I appreciate the knowledge that is present on this board, and I respect political differences. However, I won’t read bull crap like that comment and not call it out for what it is. 
On top of that, I know there are at least a few hunters on here that fall a little left of the fence. If that makes you uncomfortable, we’ll, that’s your own issue. 

........<< YAWN >>......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Gotta say I don’t see Biden winning. 

This pick will certainly make it tougher for him in some of the toss-up states like PA.   She is considered the farthest-left Senator.  That means pro-abortion (anti-Christian), anti-gun, unrestricted immigration,  universal health care, and green new deal.     

Had he picked a conservative leaning choice (not sure there are any of those left in the Democratic party), he would have had a better chance at the toss-ups.   Now, his only "sure-things" are NY and CA.  Covid gave him a shot, but he really blew it with this pick.        

• Like 4

My kid asked, “I don’t really know anything about her since I don’t pay attention too much to politics [honest!] but it seems like he just picked her because she is black (ya know BLM riots and stuff) and a woman. Isn’t that racist AND sexist? I mean won’t African Americans and woman just see that she was picked for those reasons and may not be the best person for the job?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8