Biden/Harris 2020!

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I didn't realize they were the same person. He lives around the corner from me and he is a really good guy. Went to a local gun auction with him. I don't understand his politics, but he does a lot of work with getting kids into shooting sports etc. My nephew was going to go to one of his classes before all the covid BS started. 

He is certainly entitled to his own opinion, as we all are.

Probably would have been much better for him here, if he had just stuck to the hunting and shooting topics. And not so much the political ones. As he did have some intelligent and resourceful posts, about hunting and shooting, along with getting youths involved.

I never had a problem with SplitearLeland/Revenant. But I can overlook most things I don't agree with, as long as it's not being shoved on me. He never tried to force his political views on me, that I can recall. It's just that very few, from the majority of a hunting site. Are going to agree with any left leaning views in general. And are willing to voice their own opinions. And rightfully so.

Perhaps he'll come back again? Perhaps not? 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Deleted Account said:

You know, very wise and dear friend once told me that “it’s unfair to place your values on another, and expecting others to abide by your morals leads to disappointment.”  I’ll never forget that advice, and truer words have never been spoken to me. So long...

Whoa, wait, stop the train! I just realized something. He posted his farewell with the account he "locked himself out of". I guess he wasn't locked out of it after all?

Anyway.............................

I don't think Biden will make it a full term if he was elected. Doesn't he have some illness or something? Trying to remember who had migraines and who has PMS is like reading People Magazine and trying to figure out what's BS and what's not.

3 hours ago, grampy said:

He is certainly entitled to his own opinion, as we all are.

Probably would have been much better for him here, if he had just stuck to the hunting and shooting topics. And not so much the political ones. As he did have some intelligent and resourceful posts, about hunting and shooting, along with getting youths involved.

I never had a problem with SplitearLeland/Revenant. But I can overlook most things I don't agree with, as long as it's not being shoved on me. He never tried to force his political views on me, that I can recall. It's just that very few, from the majority of a hunting site. Are going to agree with any left leaning views in general. And are willing to voice their own opinions. And rightfully so.

Perhaps he'll come back again? Perhaps not? 

"Likable" only goes so far in my book. Hard to feel too good about a likable guy when he is shaking your hand and smiling at you and reaching around with the other hand to take your wallet or empty your gun vault,...or paying someone else to do it. That is how I view supporting liberal causes or politicians. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

"Likable" only goes so far in my book. Hard to feel too good about a likable guy when he is shaking your hand and smiling at you and reaching around with the other hand to take your wallet or empty your gun vault,...or paying someone else to do it. That is how I view supporting liberal causes or politicians. 

Exactly how I feel. 

14 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Since you spelled it out so well and clear, point taken Bob.

There really is no middle ground. 

46 minutes ago, virgil said:

So, we’re back to no room for anyone with differing points of view?

Anyone can have a point of view. Personally I just prefer to associate with "likable" people that aren't trying to subvert my way of life or empty my bank account. A person that is trying to do that, I have a hard time categorizing them as "likable", because honestly I probably don't like them very much. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 2

Holy moly ... so much strife over a simple word.

He seems like a nice guy. Certainly to those who met him face-to-face. On here, he was self-effacing and funny, and never insulted anyone he disagreed with. (Unlike Rattler, who in his "I'm taking my ball and going home" post, couldn't resist getting a parting shot in at his "enemies".)

As near as I can tell, Leland was a little liberal on these issues and a little conservative on those. A position that I think a tremendous number of Americans hold. 

So, I think the description holds. He's likeable. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Anyone can have a point of view. Personally I just prefer to associate with "likable" people that aren't trying to subvert my way of life or empty my bank account. A person that is trying to do that, I have a hard time categorizing them as "likable", because honestly I probably don't like them very much. 

While I don't seek out opposite minded people, I have quite a few friends who think very differently than me, none are anti-hunter of course. Can't have that :rofl:

I think it's important to keep people of opposite views close. You not only understand their position better, but you can help share yours. It creates a good dialogue. Now some of my very close friends have become so entrenched in their anti-trump rage that it has strained our friendship, and to them I've always reminded them that our friendship was not born out of politics,  and just because i voted for the man does not mean I like everything he does. I'm not a MAGA hat wearing, trump bumper sticker guy and they know that and eventually they come back around and remember that despite what the media and their close liberal circle tells them, I'm not a misogynistic racist because I lean right.

If you alienate these people their circle has less and less of "us" in them and they start to believe these things to their core. For example, it's a widely held belief that all democrats are anti-gun. And while their party may take that stance, there are many dems on this forum that don't share that opinion, same as many republicans believe in climate change. The party system sucks. To double down on this, I have a friend from high school that's been out of the closet for some time. He lives in LA as an actor. Yes he ticks a few stereotype boxes haha. He's coming home for a few months this fall and asked if I could teach him and his partner to shoot as they're interested in owning firearms for self defense, but want to "trained" in the safety and operation of them. They're both very liberal and very anti-trump, but because I'm not an offensive asshole I now have the opportunity to educate and expand their view. So maybe they still vote Biden and Harris, but also maybe the party base shifts a little the more and more we try every chance we can.

I'd challenge everyone on here to try and do the same (this whole post wasn't directed at you culver :) )

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

While I don't seek out opposite minded people, I have quite a few friends who think very differently than me, none are anti-hunter of course. Can't have that :rofl:

I think it's important to keep people of opposite views close. You not only understand their position better, but you can help share yours. It creates a good dialogue. Now some of my very close friends have become so entrenched in their anti-trump rage that it has strained our friendship, and to them I've always reminded them that our friendship was not born out of politics,  and just because i voted for the man does not mean I like everything he does. I'm not a MAGA hat wearing, trump bumper sticker guy and they know that and eventually they come back around and remember that despite what the media and their close liberal circle tells them, I'm not a misogynistic racist because I lean right.

If you alienate these people their circle has less and less of "us" in them and they start to believe these things to their core. For example, it's a widely held belief that all democrats are anti-gun. And while their party may take that stance, there are many dems on this forum that don't share that opinion, same as many republicans believe in climate change. The party system sucks. To double down on this, I have a friend from high school that's been out of the closet for some time. He lives in LA as an actor. Yes he ticks a few stereotype boxes haha. He's coming home for a few months this fall and asked if I could teach him and his partner to shoot as they're interested in owning firearms for self defense, but want to "trained" in the safety and operation of them. They're both very liberal and very anti-trump, but because I'm not an offensive asshole I now have the opportunity to educate and expand their view. So maybe they still vote Biden and Harris, but also maybe the party base shifts a little the more and more we try every chance we can.

I'd challenge everyone on here to try and do the same (this whole post wasn't directed at you culver :) )

Good post Belo,

If people could have an open dialog between the two sides, maybe this country wouldn't be in the mess it is in. That seems less and less possible.

My biggest issue with the Democrats that I am close enough too, to have discussions. Is that they generally agree with what I say politically, but yet vote Democrat. And then they complain about taxes etc. None of them believe BLM, defunding the police, taking away the 2nd amendment, etc. To many people don't pay attention to what is going on. Or they listen to CNN and believe the Republicans are evil people that want dirty air, water and only want wall street too succeed. Which of course isn't true. But keeping an open dialog at least keeps them thinking. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

All it takes is for someone to support gun rights and they get your vote? That is a pretty narrow view of the world. Oh,immigration is on that list too maybe. This country was built on immigration,and slave labor. But we should close the borders now? Why?

11 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

This country was built on immigration,and slave labor. But we should close the borders now? Why?

Because it's the law. Remember that pesky thing we use to actually rely on to maintain social order?

Honestly when I voted for Trump in the last election it was a pretty narrow list. Constitutional Conservative SCOTUS appointments, Gun Rights,  going after illegal immigrating and tax cuts.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

This country was built on immigration,and slave labor. But we should close the borders now? Why?

I don't think anyone wants to actually "close" the borders, do they? And almost everyone wants immigration. Just not Illegal immigration.

Not sure how slavery fits in with the legal/illegal immigration topic of today's times.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I don't think anyone wants to actually "close" the borders, do they? And almost everyone wants immigration. Just not Illegal immigration.

Not sure how slavery fits in with the legal/illegal immigration topic of today's times.

Ok,wasn't sure if legal immigration was ok for you fellas. So the Democrats want open borders,anyone can come on in?

I wasnt aware of that.

2 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Ok,wasn't sure if legal immigration was ok for you fellas. So the Democrats want open borders,anyone can come on in?

I wasnt aware of that.

If you don't remove the illegals here, are against securing the borders and subsidize the illegals once they are here, isn't that basically showing support for an open border?

15 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I wasnt aware of that.

Well you haven't been listening to the Dems the past 4 yrs then.  They opposed the wall from day 1 and consistently say they want open borders. 

• Like 2