Biden/Harris 2020!

20 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Ok,wasn't sure if legal immigration was ok for you fellas. So the Democrats want open borders,anyone can come on in?

I wasnt aware of that.

Umm didn’t our wonderful governor give licensing privileges to all illegal immigrants ? 
https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-york-state-governor-andrew-cuomo-signs-law-granting-drivers-licenses-to-undocumented-immigrants Kinda looks like democrats are ok with open borders. 

18 minutes ago, mowin said:

Ok,wasn't sure if legal immigration was ok for you fellas.

Geez, that's a low blow. It's a pretty law abiding bunch here (heck, look what happens when someone posts a pic of a deer eating an apple).

37 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

So the Democrats want open borders,anyone can come on in?

I wasnt aware of that.

I didn't say any of that. But since you're attributing it to me, Dems welcome illegal immigration. They reward it with benefits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

They are here already. There is some middle of the road approach,not all or nothing. The middle of the road depends on your point of view,if you are very far left or right the middle seems closer to you from your side. 

So because they are already here it’s ok? Kind like saying,  well I stole this bike last year but it’s ok it was last year. It’s against the written law no matter what. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

They are here already. There is some middle of the road approach,not all or nothing. The middle of the road depends on your point of view,if you are very far left or right the middle seems closer to you from your side. 

Yes they are. But it makes it no less objectionable to me to raise my taxes to enable them.

Enabling who is here is certainly not a deterrent to future illegal entries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

All it takes is for someone to support gun rights and they get your vote? That is a pretty narrow view of the world. Oh,immigration is on that list too maybe. This country was built on immigration,and slave labor. But we should close the borders now? Why?

the immigrants who came over on a boat signed up to become citizens legally and paid their share in taxes as a result.

I'm not for shutting down the borders, but I am for legal immigration, you know the system that's been in place for decades that allows (iir w/o googling it) 3% immigration based on our census so that we can do it safely and sustainably. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

deportation/citizenship path for those here is not the same issue as managing the border for who isn't already here. I for one would be open to a pathway program AND much stricter border controls. 

Yet, democrats want open borders and a pathway. Republicans want closed border and deportation.

so we get nowhere.

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Geez, that's a low blow. It's a pretty law abiding bunch here (heck, look what happens when someone posts a pic of a deer eating an apple).

I didn't say any of that. But since you're attributing it to me, Dems welcome illegal immigration. They reward it with benefits.

Think you misquoted. I won't hold it against you thought.  :drinks:

1 hour ago, Belo said:

deportation/citizenship path for those here is not the same issue as managing the border for who isn't already here. I for one would be open to a pathway program AND much stricter border controls. 

Yet, democrats want open borders and a pathway. Republicans want closed border and deportation.

so we get nowhere.

I refuse to support anyone or any agreement that gives citizenship to those already hear illegally. I would't even consider it unless the boarders are locked down to further illegals and a clear process in how to handle those that do come in is reached.  Then there should be a cost/benefit approach to those allowed to stay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy crap, I have been away too long (not easy being the ac guy in this weather)...so much to catch up on in one thread. 

Where can I find Rattler’s “I’m taking my ball and my bat and going home” post?

Leeland left AGAIN?!? When he comes back what do you think his name will be? Who will be the first to realize its him? Is he now approaching Stormy status? I liked him even though our political views were diametrically opposed. 

I am all for immigration - LEGAL immigration. My grandparents and parents both came here “on the boat”. Everyone on this sight, if they go back far enough, has someone that came over, unless they are a Native American. I would love to see the immigrants that come here, LEGALLY, do the same thing my parents did, namely: become citizens, speak ENGLISH, pay taxes! Oh, and stop with all this home country flag waiving nonsense, if your country was so great, go back. But, if you come to MY country, love it or LEAVE it! Does anyone realize that you get shot on sight for illegally entering some countries around the world? Sneaking into this country does not make you a citizen anymore than breaking into a house makes you part of the family. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Holy crap, I have been away too long (not easy being the ac guy in this weather)...so much to catch up on in one thread. 

Where can I find Rattler’s “I’m taking my ball and my bat and going home” post?

Leeland left AGAIN?!? When he comes back what do you think his name will be? Who will be the first to realize its him? Is he now approaching Stormy status? I liked him even though our political views were diametrically opposed. 

I am all for immigration - LEGAL immigration. My grandparents and parents both came here “on the boat”. Everyone on this sight, if they go back far enough, has someone that came over, unless they are a Native American. I would love to see the immigrants that come here, LEGALLY, do the same thing my parents did, namely: become citizens, speak ENGLISH, pay taxes! Oh, and stop with all this home country flag waiving nonsense, if your country was so great, go back. But, if you come to MY country, love it or LEAVE it! Does anyone realize that you get shot on sight for illegally entering some countries around the world? Sneaking into this country does not make you a citizen anymore than breaking into a house makes you part of the family. 

Could not have said it better .... Thanks !

• Thanks 1

Based on the poll numbers I just saw on CNN, Bidens lead has dropped since the Harris pick.  Could it be that the dem's grossly underestimated the intelligence of black voters and women ?  Can they honestly believe more would vote for Biden because of this ?

Back in 2016, I remember thinking that Trump might pick a black woman as a running mate.  Instead, he picked someone with a proven track record in Pence, one of the most succesful Governers in modern history.

Should a person get a job based on color or qualifications ?

Edited by wolc123

56 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Should a person get a job based on color or qualifications ?

Unfortunately in today's world the criteria or quota requirement does not make qualifications the main determination. If the sole determining  factor was qualifications the scales would be tipped again which started the discussion in the first place and got us where we are today.

It is also happening in colleges where  admission is not determined by grades but the ones that closest fit the "template" and considered "well rounded".