Velvet fight

G-Man

I have photo of a small buck maybe One in this fight from a different cam.that has one side broke off at base in velvet still I'll have to compare photos if I can remember what camera it was on.. someone could make a fortune with good sorting software

Edited by G-Man

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wow I usually don’t get that sparring on cam until mid September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Biggest fight I had on camera lasted 37 min between a big 8pt and an big 10pt the 10 lost and that was 3rd week of august, they will be shedding velvet here soon in a week or two

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crappyice said:

The velvet is pretty delicate being that it full of bloods vessels right?
I imagine it cuts easily(easier than when the hard bone keeps snapped in the teal brawls).
How would cuts in the velvet impacts antler growth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The velvet is still on. And it bleeds, the antler is very porous now but getting harder every.day. most.bucks are done growing now and antlers are mineralizing. They wouldnt be fighting if it was growing as it's full of nerves , that's why you see bucks in fields all summer.so they dont Bump them , when hardened and nerves dead they move to much thicker areas. 

A cut or break could deform antler for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

That's gotta hurt like a B, right?  Still growing, lot of nerve endings and blood vessels in there.

They are done growing or no way they would be fighting like that.  Velvet still on as antlers mineralizing 

• Thanks 1