Spypoint Cell Link V issue

greg54

I went out and set up my Cell Link V at my sisters property a few days ago. Everything was good to go and made a few passes in front of cam and check later to see how they look. Well I checked and there were no pics on the Spypoint App.. So I went today to retrieve the cam and see what the issue was. After finally getting thru to spypoint after 25 minute hold, I went thru things with technician and when I was going to push in the s.d. card that the cable is attached too was cracked and copper wire exposed. This is reason pics weren't being transferred to the cell link. It appears that when the cam door is closed on the cam that the cable gets pinched and cut into by the cam latch door. I was told to reply to email they sent and provide cell link info and they will send new cable. The cable is thin and my advice if you own one to be aware of this. This was first time using it and a little disappointed, the concept is good.

20200811_172001.jpg

20200811_172007 (1).jpg

20200811_172015.jpg

20200811_223002.jpg

Same thing happened to mine the first time I used it. It's working great though. I'm sure with the cable design, even getting a new cable, this problem will just keep happening. I'll probably be returning mine once I can get my hands on a few Reveal by Tactacam's. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

You guys cant just use a small file and put a small slot for the cable to run through? I wouldn't expect the cable not to get messed up ,those doors are typically made to keep moisture out.

You run the risk of not being able to use the cam normally without plugging that gap. Opening air entry to the cam is a killer.

Also knew this would happen. A company did this in the 2G days.

And, for the record, I bought one, and you guessed it. Cable was bad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phade said:

You run the risk of not being able to use the cam normally without plugging that gap. Opening air entry to the cam is a killer.

Also knew this would happen. A company did this in the 2G days.

And, for the record, I bought one, and you guessed it. Cable was bad.

If the cable was bad from the package I can guarantee it was done during the over molding process, I have some experience with building molds for over molding connectors ,who ever is responsible for building the tooling has too much shutoff on the cable

18 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

Sounds like a horrible design. They should’ve designed a weathertight plug on the outside for the cable instead of attaching it to the sd card. 

It's a universal design to make any trail cam a cell cam, this is the only feasible way to make it work with virtually any existing camera.

1 hour ago, Rack Attack said:

It's a universal design to make any trail cam a cell cam, this is the only feasible way to make it work with virtually any existing camera.

Like phade said, the compartment needs to be air and water tight. Probably just a better idea would be to spend the extra money and buy a cell cam instead of trying to convert a regular cam.