Rifle Sling With Survival Paracord

I saw this on Steve Rinella's facebook page. He has a rifle sling with a cushioned top but a survival paracord at the bottom. Anybody know the name of this sling? When I searched online for a rifle sling with survival paracords the only ones I saw were ones that are completely made out of paracord which I think would not be comfortable on the shoulders. I posted on Steve Rinella's facebook page asking about it but I doubt I'll get a rapid response.

post-789-0-68434700-1322175603_thumb.jpg

If you're stuck in a survival situation, the strap unravels into a long rope which can be used in a number of ways to keep you alive. Probably not much use here where help isn't that far away but in the future, if I ever decide to hunt the wilderness of Montana or Alaska, it might be good to have.

http://www.survivalstraps.com/

If you're stuck in a survival situation, the strap unravels into a long rope which can be used in a number of ways to keep you alive. Probably not much use here where help isn't that far away but in the future, if I ever decide to hunt the wilderness of Montana or Alaska, it might be good to have.

http://www.survivalstraps.com/

I have one of those!

Oh, and I'll see you tomorrow Elmo

My bro wears the bracelet at all times. Steve, text me if you want to grab breakfast before hand. I'll be at the Cure concert tonight so it'll be a late night for me.

Alright, I'm debating going out myself... I'll see what happens. Text me when you get up, I'll probably be up early.

• 1 year later...

Why not use the sling you've already got and remember to pack some parachord that you likely already have?

just my opinion but this sling sounds like a good idea. ive notice the older i get the less weight i want on me when i go out. so anytime you can combine items to reduce the load is a welcome thought, especially when it comes to safety or what if things. my wife always knows when it hunting season, my 2 1/2lb bibs weigh 20+ pounds. its amazing that the little things you carry add so much so fast, your gun 7 to 12lbs, extra rounds 1 to 2lbs, water 2 to3lbs, radio gps compass spare batterys 3lbs, at least 2 knives 2lbs, first aid kit, deer drag, jerky, another 4lbs (i like jerky). add extra clothes, gloves you're any easy 30+lb and you still dont have your chair, blind, or climber. so a sling that doubles as safety rope in an emergency? sounds like a good idea...

Why not use the sling you've already got and remember to pack some parachord that you likely already have?

That's a good plan.  I'll just have to remember it...................

I think  99.999999999999% of these things aren't going to see any survival use  (kind of like ccw handguns) but they are stylish and serve a function.

It wouldn't be for me but I see no problem with it if you want to spend your bones on it.  I almost always have a couple hunks of paracord on me.  Typically my only deer drag for the last 15 years has been a 14' length that is tied together to form a 7' loop.  I just make a loop around the neck, shorten the entire thing up by making several more loops around the neck then wrap the end around a short (8"?) length of approx. 3/4" diameter dead wood for a handle. 

I get a chuckle out of guys that use "Glen's Deer Handle" type things.

Edited by Lawdwaz

That's a good plan.  I'll just have to remember it...................

I think  99.999999999999% of these things aren't going to see any survival use  (kind of like ccw handguns) but they are stylish and serve a function.

It wouldn't be for me but I see no problem with it if you want to spend your bones on it.  I almost always have a couple hunks of paracord on me.  Typically my only deer drag for the last 15 years has been a 14' length that is tied together to form a 7' loop.  I just make a loop around the neck, shorten the entire thing up by making several more loops around the neck then wrap the end around a short (8"?) length of approx. 3/4" diameter dead wood for a handle. 

I get a chuckle out of guys that use "Glen's Deer Handle" type things.

yep a good to have and hope you never need it, and if it on the gun all the time you'll never forget it. for the past 7 or 8 yrs weve been using harness drags, hook yourself up to the deer like your a horse,lol easier on the back and arms. just another im getting older piece of equipment!

• 5 months later...

Steve Rinella's sling is made by me at my company RipCordSurvival.com . I started out making bracelets for deployed soldiers as a gift. My pal who was deployed told me to make something more of it. RipCordSurvival was born shortly after. David Amick of Carolina Custom Rifles found me and asked if I could make a sling for a custom rifle that is unlike any other. After brainstorming together, my first sling went onto Steves's 7mm in a fateful twist. I have since innovated on the design, but the platform remains unchanged. I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd throw it out here. I'll give you a discount if you're interested in purchasing one.