Eating my seed

How much havoc can specifically turkey’s have on eating food plot seed. I planted 2 weeks ago and took a look at the plot last night and I have a munch of bare spots. I kicked 2 toms out upon arrival and my trail cam has these 2 birds visiting all the time and there are a fair amount of feathers. 

8098358F-68EC-45D3-87BE-D9E751EE5A4E.jpeg

E7F30801-B5B5-4C7F-BE4A-C6E7425B90AE.jpeg

Edited by Zag
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zag said:

How much havoc can specifically turkey’s have on eating food plot seed. I planted 2 weeks ago and took a look at the plot last night and I have a munch of bare spots. I kicked 2 toms out upon arrival and my trail cam has these 2 birds visiting all the time and there are a fair amount of feathers. 

8098358F-68EC-45D3-87BE-D9E751EE5A4E.jpeg

E7F30801-B5B5-4C7F-BE4A-C6E7425B90AE.jpeg

A lot they will pick a field clean if just broadcast. Main reason I like to use a cover crop. Broadcast then spray by time cover crop dies new seed is up and germinated.

6 minutes ago, G-Man said:

If your really set on getting a good plot in , buy a bale of straw and cover seed with that in your bare spots. Or.you will just bee feeding the birds

Ok thanks, Ive thought about getting a bunch of straw. Last yr we had no issues as the plot was new but now they call it home which is nice but damn them birds!!