Spy point

sbuff

I worry.about number of photos sent , 25 cam I have out and some are.getting 1500 to 2000 photos per.camera. most are 3 to 500 a week. X 25 almost 25000 pics sent to a phone? I scroll through and keep a few but I feel it would take up way to much of my.time with phone going off all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, G-Man said:

I worry.about number of photos sent , 25 cam I have out and some are.getting 1500 to 2000 photos per.camera. most are 3 to 500 a week. X 25 almost 25000 pics sent to a phone? I scroll through and keep a few but I feel it would take up way to much of my.time with phone going off all the time.

I hunt northern zone, if I get 100 pics a season that would be alot . I think I'm more impressed with the solar charging capabilities the most . Although very cool getting live time photo's sent to phone .

Edited by sbuff

23 hours ago, G-Man said:

I don’t have pics texted to my phone anymore. It was too much. Now I just view all of the cams on the app, when I have time during the course of the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

I hunt northern zone, if I get 100 pics a season that would be alot . I think I'm more impressed with the solar charging capabilities the most . Although very cool getting live time photo's sent to phone .

I do like the solar charging and can see need if it trying to send phone signal drawing power, but my new cam last 6.months on a set of batteries. Though solar would be nice option for all cameras

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

I do like the solar charging and can see need if it trying to send phone signal drawing power, but my new cam last 6.months on a set of batteries. Though solar would be nice option for all cameras

My Spartan has sent me 6500 images on a set of batteries from September to April - and I pulled them and have used them for months now in a regular cam. Batch send uses much less power vs instant one by one.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had a cam just last month get 1500 pics in 2 weeks. No way I would like getting those sent to me.

I leave my cams out year around and can get close to a year with decent batteries. With crap batteries I still get many months.

Edited by Fletch

We run i believe 11 micro cams.. and haven't had any big issues.. one cam decided to stop working, and spypoint did not hesitate to replace. basically no questions asked. Sent old cam in, and new one came within a week from contact.. And the free and cheap plans are great. especially when running a bunch of cams for poor boys like me. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 10:07 AM, phade said:

My Spartan has sent me 6500 images on a set of batteries from September to April - and I pulled them and have used them for months now in a regular cam. Batch send uses much less power vs instant one by one.

How do you do the batch send? I didn’t see it on the app. 

18 hours ago, Fletch said:

I had a cam just last month get 1500 pics in 2 weeks. No way I would like getting those sent to me.

I leave my cams out year around and can get close to a year with decent batteries. With crap batteries I still get many months.

You don't get 1,500 notifications or buzzes on your phone if you don't want them...they go into an app.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Quick update link micro s working like a charm. The solar panel charges up to 100% when it seems to dip below 50%. Pics are clear enough to dicifer any animal. Now I just noticed the photo sent says buck if its a buck. Planning on buying another one soon.