Fletch in The Field

Fletch

11/24 am 55-46

Sat in the far stand out back for 4 hours. I went in 30 minutes later than normal as it was raining. I shoulda waited another hour. After that the rain stopped the temp started falling and the deer were moving. I first had a 1.5 yo 5 pointer browse by. Offered a 20 yard broadside more than once. 45 minutes later had a nice 2.5 yo 6 point come in behind me and offered me a 12 yard shot. I was at full draw and seriously thought about smoking him. I just think I will get a chance at a better buck so he got a pass. 45 minutes later I see a couple deer running back and forth way out in the pines. Could not tell what they were. Then five minutes later had a spike come in to my left. Best day so far this year. Fun Fun Fun

Put up a new deluxe ladder stand just a few ago. Now headed back out to another property.

• Like 3

10/24 pm

Sat in the far stand past the Hole for 2.5 hours. Had one little spike come by about 70 yards out. Jumped one by the outer Hole stand on the way out. And another by the truck.

My brother was up top and saw a 4 and a spike.

Edited by Fletch

10/25 am 34

Ended up hitting up a buddies house too late last night. A few beers and after midnight bedtime made 4:30 am a negative for the long drive to the island. Slept till 5:40 and hit the new ladder stand out back. Jumped one going in rrrr. Then one busted me getting my shit organized in the dark. Rrrr. I did have a very small doe and a button come in. I stood up when I saw them coming in before I realized she was tiny. Well they browsed around and under me for over an hour and so close I could barely move. That was it. Sat 2.5 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10/28 am 41

Out back in the far stand for 2 hours. Another cool quiet morning. Leaves wet from the daily rain and wind very low. Felt like a good morning. I did have one small spike cruise by at around 8:30am. Besides the few pumbed on the way in I have had little movement right at dawn. Its been an hour or two after. I see some longer sits coming up Fri, Sat and Sun!

10/31 am 30

Out back in the far stand for 3 hours. Bumped deer 100 yards from my stand going in rrrrr. Had a big fat coon breakin sticks get me excited for a sec. then about 10:30 had one blow behind me down wind in the creek bottom. A lone doe she just continued walking on her way 100yards out.

Pulled cams on the way out and checked the tower and tried the heat. It wouldn’t work then I noticed a mouse or chip chewed a hole in the hose. I’ll replace that tomorrow.

Had a bunch of bucks moving last two nights.
3fe85af6d96d8e466fb2e2a3db6f656a.jpg

30aa9d3f417cec450b25e95a21fbc695.jpg
8c536d8c553fee10bb9754e6433ea36f.jpg
Two bucks on a does trail by the tower

ce75421ad2c945e8d635df31a336649c.jpg
9c30f9b8814cc37f12274c419c9141d9.jpg
1d895a74bd3d2891e33dc267e57f3f4f.jpg
ba2ef3725de693808009f6d5d257f9ec.jpg
573455d0224e7dec70841dc244cae746.jpg

And more by the mock

• Like 1

10/31 pm 44

In the far stand past the Hole. 2.5 hours. Cool night. I had another pair of grey foxes come by me. They were less than 10 yards from me. Just snooping around. One came back through o er an hour later. I had never seen anything but reds and this year 2 pair of greys in a week on two different properties.

Right about 5 minutes before end I saw one deer briefly along the field edge. I could not tell what it was.

Well no Oct deer. Be back at it tomorrow!

11/1 am 40

Down in the far stand past the Hole for 3 hours. Action was quick. I had a doe browsing 80-90 out who then got pushed by a 3 point hot on her trail. She was small, they both ran right by me. He got some wind and stopped and spent the next 10 minutes hanging out 10-30 yards from me walking back and forth. He finally left and I saw a doe and fawn 60+ out moving at a good pace off to the field. Then next 2-5 hours nada. Got the gas line replaced in the tower blind out back. Come in and eat and look out the window and see a deer headed that way. Went and got my extra doe tags.

11/2 pm 36 and snowing

Snuck out for the last hour in the field edge stand. Had a new scrape just off back lawn before the stand. Was up for 30 minutes and out pops a buck at 40-45 yards. This spot is brush then a small field then brush. He was across in 8-9 steps and maybe 15 seconds. I think he was a 4 or 6 if he had brows. Actually I think he was the second from the last pic a couple posts above.

The snow is only a half inch or so. It should last for the morning hunt.

Edited by Fletch

11/3 am 39

Down in the Far Hole stand for 2 hours. The tiny bit of snow that fell last evening melted. Quiet and dead. Figured they moved a ton last night after the wind dropped from 30 to 15 and the snow stopped. Saw some feeding in cut corn driving at 2pm.

11/4 am 36

Out back in the far stand. I jumped one at 20 feet going in. No light moon light was bright. Deer only went 20 yards and stopped. I started walking again and it didn't bust out. 40 yards and jumped another. Also didn't bust out. So I slowly kept going. Got set up and 15 minutes later I hear deer and in the dim light see a buck pushing a doe by. Too dim to see the rack but can hear him grunting. It gets light and legal and I have a button come out behind me browsing for 20 minutes. After that I see a small buck chase a doe behind me in the creek bottom. Turn back forward and see a deer running back and forth 200 yards out in the pines. Looked all alone? Then to my left here comes a doe running right at me with the small buck on her butt. Same two I saw a few minutes earlier. They go right under me and he stops 10 yards off my side. Just a little 3/4 pointer. Called it after 2.5 hours to get into work.

• Like 1

11/5 am 50

Out back again. This time I hit the new middle ladder stand. I barely touched the ladder and I start hearing deer close by in the bottom. I freeze and after 10 minutes finally get up the stand. It is around 5:45 or so. I barely get my coat pulled on and I hear another deer walking down the bottom 30 yards away. Too dark to see anything. Finally get settled in and it gets light. I see one slip across an opening off my left a good 150 yds. out and watched him cruise behind the houses behind me like 2-300 yards. Looked like a 1.5 yr old. Then it was just dead. Sat for 2 hours.

Pulled some cards and the place is just getting hammered by little bucks. I have sequences of 5-6 different bucks within an hour. Not one shooter lol. Had two fight for 10 minutes in the tower plot. Off 7 of the next 10 days. Somethings gonna die!

• Like 1