Another use for Trail Cam

GreeneHunter

Interesting .... Just had an individual walk into my driveway ( this morning about 6:15 am) - didn't know him - and I walk out and see him looking in my Daughters car and I ask him if I can help and he immediately walks away and gets back in his car - License Plate # GTX-4972 - Well the pictures below were caught by my Trail Cam mounted on my front porch  ! The cam worked just right ! Oh and he was wearing rubber gloves ! I called the local PD and the local PD showed up and the Sheriff showed up ... the more the merrier I say !

• Like 7

Duhhhhh ... forgot to add the Pics ! The Patrolmen took all the info and apparently a bunch of people in the neighborhood were hit this AM ! They were real happy I had the license plate , when I called the Dispatcher this morning and gave him the plate number he instantly knew what kind of car it was - I'm sure he looked it up . I haven't heard anything yet , keeping my fingers crossed !

00000412.JPG

00000415.JPG

• Like 5

Sweet! Please keep us posted on this guys arrest! North Woods Law team would have this guy strung up already especially with the plates and a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup and then at the end they tell us he was slapped with a $43 fine and half an hour in jail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Too bulky...now a 2 iron could do the trick

My boys have a 26” wood bat that I won’t let them throw away - it sits right by the garage door entrance from the house

Louieville Slugger just as good ...I agree

9 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

Louieville Slugger just as good ...I agree

Nah...Louisvilles crack too easily, I like to keep a marrucci solid maple that my sons outgrew, always at the ready...lol..that man wouldn't have a chance if I let my 100lb. bully out the door... hope the cops nail that thief.

20200603_174337.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Too bulky...now a 2 iron could do the trick

My boys have a 26” wood bat that I won’t let them throw away - it sits right by the garage door entrance from the house

I have one of the boys LL aluminum bats right in the same place in my garage! 

Hope they catch the scumbag! He's not too bright doing his crimes in daylight wearing an orange T shirt. Should be an easy catch for the cops. 

Great idea setting up the trail cam on the front porch.

• Like 3

Well the PD gave me a call and this is how it went  :   They (PD) know who the individual is ,where he lives ( Apartment Complex Albany ) his car ( I gave them the License Plate # - duh ) and the fact that he has done this before !  They (PD ) say per NYS Law in order for them to arrest for Trespassing they have to witness it , my Pic's don't cut it . I can go to PD Headquarters and get a copy of the Incident Report which contains all his information . Problem : if I was to get a copy of the Incident Report and something befalls this individual they immediately come to my house ! Even if I posted his information on Social Media I am Libelous . Quite a few of my neighbors whom were also hit by this individual would love his information and take matters into their own hands ! So at this point the officer whom called me stated that Trespassing is merely a small fine and " Don't do it again " ! SUCKS !!!

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

Well the PD gave me a call and this is how it went  :   They (PD) know who the individual is ,where he lives ( Apartment Complex Albany ) his car ( I gave them the License Plate # - duh ) and the fact that he has done this before !  They (PD ) say per NYS Law in order for them to arrest for Trespassing they have to witness it , my Pic's don't cut it . I can go to PD Headquarters and get a copy of the Incident Report which contains all his information . Problem : if I was to get a copy of the Incident Report and something befalls this individual they immediately come to my house ! Even if I posted his information on Social Media I am Libelous . Quite a few of my neighbors whom were also hit by this individual would love his information and take matters into their own hands ! So at this point the officer whom called me stated that Trespassing is merely a small fine and " Don't do it again " ! SUCKS !!!

Good old NY state,  were the criminals have more rights than the  law abiding citizens . 

• Like 3

Many moons ago ,after a Bonnie Rait , Lyle Lovett concert I’m enjoying the summer night on our patios at 1 AM . I hear slow rolling tires on the road, then a headlight swings through the yards ,and then I hear voices . I sneak around the side yard to the driveway and there’s a guy, who appears to be breaking into the MRS car, I run at him ,but make the mistake of yelling, which gave him a warning . He made it to a waiting car where his buddies opened the door and he jumping in . I got to the road just at that time ,I punched the windshield as it took off  ( don’t recommend ....) .

Got a partial plate ,  cops had no luck with that. 
Turns out he was just pissing on the car .....wtf .

A couple weeks later I located  the car nearby , gave police  the correct number , the kid had to come over and apologize . I told him don’t be in peoples yards at 1am, particularly near houses ,cars ,  take a leak in my front trees if you must . 

The concert was great too .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 5

Funny I came upon this thread, same thing happened to me. Had my cell cam strapped to my back deck and this esteemed gentleman decided to come by and pay a visit. This was in May. Our cul de sac has had 4 attempted burglaries from the start of the lockdown to now. He peered in the window, saw me and my wife and decided he didn't want any of this. My mistake was I forgot to put on my porch light.

2540521002_1589072371392.jpg

On 8/20/2020 at 11:03 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Yup and then at the end they tell us he was slapped with a $43 fine and half an hour in jail!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

no jail. catch and release in todays world thanks to Bail Reform.

people supposedly move to suburbs and cities to be safer due to police presence. i don't buy that. it puts you in a likely target rich area at times. country folk would be screwed if someone had the balls to steal stuff. many leave everything unlocked and easily accessible. at the same time if you're a criminal screwing with peoples stuff out in the sticks it's a good way to get shot til they're sure. i know of signs being put up like "all tressers will be shot" and stuff like that. maybe it's all talk but who knows out here. lol