Hunting NY Regional Showdown

Chef

13 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Well the fact that team 2 smoke team 1 with less guys blows that theory away.
I will say that EHD, lack of acorns and the amount of time cuomo was in our area are the primary reasons for Team 1’s poor showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any team that claims Jerkman as it's anchorman.......well.....lol

Well the fact that team 2 smoke team 1 with less guys blows that theory away.
I will say that EHD, lack of acorns and the amount of time cuomo was in our area are the primary reasons for Team 1’s poor showing.

I'd say some people cough cough biz do not shoot anything not even a doe. That certainly does not help any

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Any team that claims Jerkman as it's anchorman.......well.....lol
Can't help it if I'm greatest SENY hunter that ever lived. If I live in buffalo I'd have had 80 points

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Thanks for running a fun contest chef.   This year maybe break up zones 8 & 9  to even up the odds a little and give you easterners a better chance.

20210207_154352.jpg

For the most part we held our own ..its just not that many people signed up or wer to late to the contest..it is what it is not trying to make excuses maybe this year more people will sign up ..I think it was pretty cool to see the deer harvest pics from differant areas 

Edited by silent death
  • Like 2

Can't help it if I'm greatest SENY hunter that ever lived. If I live in buffalo I'd have had 80 points

#WeDemandADislikeButton

You hunt next to a nature preserve and are afraid to go in the woods.... this guy can see the driveway from his stand

• Haha 1

You hunt next to a nature preserve and are afraid to go in the woods.... this guy can see the driveway from his stand

I hunt far away from the preserve. But it is true at times from certain stands I am able to see the over Quarter mile long driveway

#WeDemandADislikeButton

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm planning on setting up a HuntingNY fantasy forum pick em contest next year.  Stayed tuned....

Headquarters used to do this . There was a group of pretty dedicated hunters there , and the non hunters each got one or more as their “ hunter .”

There was a write up of each hunter and his odds and so on  , it was very funny .

Rob, this could be killer , can’t wait !

• Like 2

I still think counting a doe as five points and a buck as five points plus each antler point would be better. One point for a doe is low.

You realize that’s basically what we didn’t you are just inflating the score your way but same premise

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

How does this work? Who is doing the picking

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Headquarters used to do this . There was a group of pretty dedicated hunters there , and the non hunters each got one or more as their “ hunter .”

There was a write up of each hunter and his odds and so on  , it was very funny .

Rob, this could be killer , can’t wait !

I'm working on it. Got a plan.  It's gonna be based like a pickem league.  Will setup a score sheet for everyone to post their pick each week for 12 week season. Can pick any member for that week and can only pick them once during season.  Also going to include points for bear.  Will setup on thread for sheets and scores only and one thread for trash talk etc. I think it will be fun.  Will post it around Sept 1 to join in.  Been working on it a bit.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

You realize that’s basically what we didn’t you are just inflating the score your way but same premise

Not really. Someone shoots three does vs another guys one spike and the spike gives you more than double the points.

3 vs 7

If you count it my way its 15 vs 7

We did score a buck at 5 plus each antler point and a doe as one,correct?

Not really. Someone shoots three does vs another guys one spike and the spike gives you more than double the points.
3 vs 7
If you count it my way its 15 vs 7
We did score a buck at 5 plus each antler point and a doe as one,correct?

No all deer were 1 point and 1 point for each antler point

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, silent death said:

For the most part we held our own ..its just not that many people signed up or wer to late to the contest..it is what it is not trying to make excuses maybe this year more people will sign up ..I think it was pretty cool to see the deer harvest pics from differant areas 

True that. If you added mine in and then took then the number of people entered and took the top numbers I believe there only would have been a 9 point difference. Not to shabby. 

• Like 2