Hunting NY Regional Showdown

Chef

Lol. Ok. 20 something extra points would have helped not look such the landslide win.                 

Wait?!? Chef left out your legally submitted points because it wouldn’t make a difference? Sounds like the election!
Where were those entries posted?!?! I must have missed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Wait?!? Chef left out your legally submitted points because it wouldn’t make a difference? Sounds like the election!
Where were those entries posted?!?! I must have missed them.

Lol. Meaningless in the big picture. Maybe he just does not like me. But really I did not see an ending date when the games began but I guess there was one thrown in there a couple months later. My bad for not following along everyday.  Really would not have changed the outcome like he said,  No Harm. 

Lol. Meaningless in the big picture. Maybe he just does not like me. But really I did not see an ending date when the games began but I guess there was one thrown in there a couple months later. My bad for not following along everyday.  Really would not have changed the outcome like he said,  No Harm. 

I don’t dislike you at all.... honestly I was just being lazy since I didn’t come across yours till I already copy and pasted the spreadsheet lol

Ain’t nothing meaningless about big bone!

1 minute ago, Chef said:

I don’t dislike you at all.... honestly I was just being lazy since I didn’t come across yours till I already copy and pasted the spreadsheet lol

Lol. No harm no foul. Was a great thing you threw together.  Most of the gang had a great year. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 3:50 PM, The Jerkman said:

Can't help it if I'm greatest SENY hunter that ever lived. If I live in buffalo I'd have had 80 points

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

If it means that much to you have a  meet up at some big ass state land some place like  Adirondacks or Catskills  with the others  one weekend next year and see  who gets  a deer or bear .  

If it means that much to you have a  meet up at some big ass state land some place like  Adirondacks or Catskills  with the others  one weekend next year and see  who gets  a deer or bear .  

Jerkman refuses to hunt stateland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

24 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Jerkman refuses to hunt stateland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

to make it fair has to be land none of the participants  own don't think anyone  is going to be able to have enough private land  for  other  folks to hunt on  at same time for a group  competition  like that  unless they know bill gates . 

Edited by phantom

On 2/7/2021 at 4:23 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm working on it. Got a plan.  It's gonna be based like a pickem league.  Will setup a score sheet for everyone to post their pick each week for 12 week season. Can pick any member for that week and can only pick them once during season.  Also going to include points for bear.  Will setup on thread for sheets and scores only and one thread for trash talk etc. I think it will be fun.  Will post it around Sept 1 to join in.  Been working on it a bit.  

Couple thoughts . I’d wait to a month or so, from bow opener to begin , as ,members here  , come and go , and some just drop right out of hunting , remember Dave 6x6 ? he was a hunting fool then pretty much just stopped .

Also ,members must be active and agree to be on the “ picked “ list, there’s a number of guys I’d pick, who don’t always , post their kills, so by agreeing to be pickable means they’d post it . 

thanks for doing this Rob .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Couple thoughts . I’d wait to a month or so, from bow opener to begin , as ,members here  , come and go , and some just drop right out of hunting , remember Dave 6x6 ? he was a hunting fool then pretty much just stopped .

Also ,members must be active and agree to be on the “ picked “ list, there’s a number of guys I’d pick, who don’t always , post their kills, so by agreeing to be pickable means they’d post it . 

Yeah was planning on posting it Sept 1.  Then people can join in if they want. Not doing it for money just for fun.  I have something for the winner.  I have a plan for a score sheet and a how to/rules list.   It will be a pickem for each week and must pick by midnight Sunday for the next week.  Basically can pick any member for that week, if they get a deer, person must list thread and page it was posted in.  If that person someone picked doesn't post it then they shouldn't have picked them.  Lol. 

But it will be a total score at the end and the high score person I will check over to be sure.  Other than that everyone has to police their own sheet. If they miss something or tally score wrong that's on them. 

Not gonna post all of it til Sept 1 though cause too many cooks for the kitchen will come up.  Lol.  Just going to make it a contest, here are the rules and regs to be in it if you want to join.  All for fun. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

I always wonder about folks that were active then just all of a sudden are gone. Always wonder if something happened to them..... 

9 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I always wonder about folks that were active then just all of a sudden are gone. Always wonder if something happened to them..... 

I've been wondering about @philoshop. Had the pleasure of meeting him at a GTG a couple of years back in Geneva that Philo arranged. Unfortunately I don't know his last name. I've messaged a few times to see if he was OK and never got a response. He was regularly active and then nothing since 2019. Makes me think the worst :(

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm sure its a mixed bag overall, but I run into a few former members from time to time and on a positive note they're all doing pretty well and have taken some crazy nice deer. Many of them just got less public about their hunting interactions and/or had growing jobs and families. I'm trying to recall, but of three former members that I usually converse with 2-3x a year, I believe there are at least five 165"+ deer taken by them since they left (none of them hunt with one another). Two over 180. Some other members just moved more toward FB and other social media. One former member is tracking a really nice NY buck and has his sheds from this season already and he bought some cells to help along the way. I hope he gets him.

Overall, it looks like alot of good deer taken by the teams this year. No losers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I've been wondering about @philoshop. Had the pleasure of meeting him at a GTG a couple of years back in Geneva that Philo arranged. Unfortunately I don't know his last name. I've messaged a few times to see if he was OK and never got a response. He was regularly active and then nothing since 2019. Makes me think the worst :(

he was the one that sprang to mind as well when I was writing this.