Hunting NY Regional Showdown

Chef

So after all the excitement today I decided to go ahead and create the regional showdown. If you would like to participate please reply to this thread with your team number. The teams will be as follows

If you live in

Regions 1,2,3 you will be on team 1

Regions 4,5 you will be on team 2

Regions 6,7 you will be on team 3

Regions 8,9 you will be on team 4

The rules will be as follows each Hunter will be allowed up to 3 submissions. Regular season tag, archery tag, ML tag ( this will put does in play but keep DMP’s out of it)

Points as follows.

1 pt per deer

1 pt for every legal antler point as well.

Contest ends 12/31 as no special late firearms seasons will count

Once the teams are full I will creat a spreadsheet which will be updated at least weekly during the season. All kills must have a picture posted on this thread to count.

This being just for pride would have been fun but I think more than bragging rights are at steak here.

If there is a future G2G and a member of the winning region is present his first round should be on a member from a loosing region. I will also have a trophy made which will live in the winning region till the results of next years contest.

Who’s in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Team 4.  Do points go toward the area you kill the deer, or where you live? I might be throwing some points to team 2 or 3 too. 

I feel it is where you live...YOU the hunter earns the point not the region where it grows

Even better to rub it in the nose of a guy whose region you hunted and brought those “points” to your region!

• Like 4

I would think NYS rules. So 12/31 for 3S, earlier for the rest of the state. and then january whatever it is for long island.

That seems an unfair advantage for us.
December 22 seems to be the “end” for the majority of the state

That seems an unfair advantage for us.
December 22 seems to be the “end” for the majority of the state

I changed it to 12/31 as there are guys that hunt Westchester only being that it’s bow only I feel that makes it even

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I feel it is where you live...YOU the hunter earns the point not the region where it grows

Even better to rub it in the nose of a guy whose region you hunted and brought those “points” to your region!

So if I hunt with Moog, and score, I get the points, and buy him dinner?

• Like 1