New house costs

Zag

11 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

i paid $4.39 at LenCo on Tuesday 

These are straight........... :)

I know, LenCo and other places like 84 Lumber aren't bad sometimes.  We buy at Mosher Lumber for 90% of our materials at work and have a great relationship with them.  (and it isn't my money)  :)

• Like 1

Just now, Lawdwaz said:

These are straight........... :)

I know, LenCo and other places like 84 Lumber aren't bad sometimes.  We buy at Mosher Lumber for 90% of our materials at work and have a great relationship with them.  (and it isn't my money)  :)

LOL. I did have to go through quite a bit of them before I got 12 straight ones.

32 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

LOL. I did have to go through quite a bit of them before I got 12 straight ones.

I only got 50 2x4's today (50 last week) and 6 bundles of 1x3x8 furring strips (8 last week).  Oh and 4 more bundles of cedar shims and a $320 bucket of Coretex screws & plugs.  Our schedule is booked solid til 10/31right now and that's pending perfect weather.  The phone is ringing off the hook and I can see November filling up in the next couple/few weeks.  That'll suck donkey ballz for my co-workers 'cause I'll be MIA. :)

Oh and I need another 500' of colonial CP casing,  another bucket of Coretex screws and 30 more 1x12x18 Azek boards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Our schedule is booked solid til 10/31right now and that's pending perfect weather.  The phone is ringing off the hook and I c

My nephew the stone mason , is booked into next July / August . If you want and estimate, he’ll put you on a list for a January estimate. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I only got 50 2x4's today (50 last week) and 6 bundles of 1x3x8 furring strips (8 last week).  Oh and 4 more bundles of cedar shims and a $320 bucket of Coretex screws & plugs.  Our schedule is booked solid til 10/31right now and that's pending perfect weather.  The phone is ringing off the hook and I can see November filling up in the next couple/few weeks.  That'll suck donkey ballz for my co-workers 'cause I'll be MIA. :)

Oh and I need another 500' of colonial CP casing,  another bucket of Coretex screws and 30 more 1x12x18 Azek boards.

I'm just glad to hear your back to work!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Sounds like you are back to work solid now?

I gave myself a birthday gift and quit my job.

Better offer and no more after hours calls ever again for me. (they have work booked through 2021)

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Sounds like you are back to work solid now?

I gave myself a birthday gift and quit my job.

Better offer and no more after hours calls ever again for me. (they have work booked through 2021)

I'm happy for you Dan but the management and more importantly those kids are going to miss you & your skills. 

Here's to 2021............. :)

PS: Happy Freaking Birthday!!

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 8:25 AM, Steuben Jerry said:

Congratulations, right?

Is this retirement for you, or a slide into a new job?

Oh no. New job. (highest of high end residential in cabinet end of things)

I seem to be a very fortunate individual as I love what I do for a living; I enjoy accomplishing a project as much as anything else I do as a hobby.

I cant believe folks pay me to build stuff, the more complex and demanding the better. Even building a deck spins my propeller if I can challenge myself to getting it done faster and significantly better then the next guy.

Had a bit of a health scare last 2 years that we think is behind me (awesome doctor after having one that I wouldn't piss on if on fire), and I'm back on my horse full tilt. 

I cant ever see me in traditional retirement role, but I also have been fortunate to do what for many would be bucket list stuff when working and taking huge chunks of time off (one year I hunted every single day of deer season in NY, from northern opener to end of long island closing, 28 days on safari in 2 African countries on one trip.....etc) Being motivated talent I have been able to call my shots and adjust schedule when I have wanted so that works in my favor.

Life is good.

• Like 3