Boots

ATbuckhunter

What pair of insulated boots would you suggest I get? Ive had my current pair of boots for the last 10 years, but the last couple years its been letting a lot of water in when the grass is wet or walking in snow. I was looking at the kenetrek mountain 1000's and im seriously considering them, but I certainly wouldnt mind a pair that would cost less. Needs to be at least 800 grams of insulation and water proof

4 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I like my military mickey mouse boots.  Sat all day opening day last year in that bitter cold.  No issues Sat from 530am until 400 when I shot my buck.  There ugly weigh a ton but are really warm and dry.

Same here.  The only issue I have with them is that they are not real tall, in case you need to cross deep standing water. When it comes to cold, the standard black ones have worked for me on even the coldest days for all day sits.  The white ones are good for even colder conditions but weigh more and are bulkier. 

The blacks are just right for me for deer hunting.  Anything much heavier would not be as good for stillhunting, which I like to do between hot-spots, up in the Adirondacks.  When I get to such spots, in freezing conditions, those Mickey mouse boots have always kept my feet warm for as long as I cared to sit there in my tree-hammock chair.

They also seem pretty durable.  I have 6 seasons on my current pair and they are showing no signs of wear.  I also use them for ice-fishing, where it is usually colder than hunting season.  No issues with cold feet there either.

I found a pair of arctic pro muck boots last year , i sat in them a few cold mornings now and i didnt get gold feet , i have always had a problem with getting feet. They can be found on ebay for 99 dollars if you catch a sale.  

Agreed with this 100% Muck boots are the answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the pac boots @Biz-R-OWorld recommended. They are not bulky and have NASA space shuttle insulation. Super warm even when it's crazy cold out. And my toes get cold below 40°

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

On 8/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, Kmartinson said:

I'm on my second pair of lacrosse boots. I would say anything that lasts ten years of hard abuse is a great purchase. My boots usually only make it through 3 or 4 seasons. I keep cold weather leather pack boots, and rubber boots. I wear them out.  

My original "Made In USA" Lacrosse Burlys lasted almost 15 years.  I'm lucky if I can get the new ones made with the cheap Chicom rubber to make it 2.  I can't wear Muck boots, they don't fit my feet right so I find them uncomfortable.

I did have a pair of Northerners I liked but they were not very tall.