Accidentally got a DMP tag for 3R but it seems there is no hunting in that section?

Enders

So I mistakenly got tags for 3R not realizing it was the wrong region I wanted. Does anyone know if there is anything in 3R to hunt? I checked the map and the only place I see is harrisman state park but there is no hunting there.

There is no public land that is accessible to hunt in 3R are you new to hunting or the area? I can point you to some public land close to 3r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothing there but call the # on the dec site for the dep permit . i did cause i picked 2 units but it never went though . the state out sourced it but the woman i spoke to was very helpful when i bought my license on line it said $102 but they only deducted $92 from my card she got my dep over the phone its apparent they got some bugs to work out .

You'd be surprised just how far Deer can run after being shot !

Yea just go to Sterling Forest in 3p and watch them run all the way there from 3m on a daily basis during gun season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 9:37 PM, Chef said:

There is no public land that is accessible to hunt in 3R are you new to hunting or the area? I can point you to some public land close to 3r

New to hunting and the area. I only know about sterling 

I was looking at storm king, looks small? Maybe a lot of hunting pressure? I’ll check them out before season starts

Storm king does not get a lot of pressure that being said the terrain is very rough

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Storm king does not get a lot of pressure that being said the terrain is very rough

My favorite kind of terrain so far. I like hard to get to spots. I was near there today actually i should have passed by

On 9/6/2020 at 8:26 PM, Enders said:

My favorite kind of terrain so far. I like hard to get to spots. I was near there today actually i should have passed by

Can't speak to it but the only public land I've found worth a damn close to me is downright despicable to pull a deer out of. Like block and tackle bad or two fit guys to do it.  So...I get your point. A couple miles away from the spot I'm talking about I've seen what can be best described as a keg party on the first day of gun season minus the keg. A dozen trucks parked with hunters so tight together they're smelling each other's breath.