First pull of the year

Don_C

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hopefully a treestand 20 yards away form that top pin alley those bucks are using!  Nice and good luck.

Nope, but there will be very soon, or maybe a blind, right behind the camera it is very thick and weedy, a blind may be great right there.

Funny thing is, It is over a mile walk from the gate to our furthest stand. These pics are 175 yards from the gate. I'm thinking I'll have to park down the road and walk in.  I actually put that camera there to catch the neighbors kids riding dirt bikes on our main access trail. Who'da thought!?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Don_C said:

Nope, but there will be very soon, or maybe a blind, right behind the camera it is very thick and weedy, a blind may be great right there.

Funny thing is, It is over a mile walk from the gate to our furthest stand. These pics are 175 yards from the gate. I'm thinking I'll have to park down the road and walk in.  I actually put that camera there to catch the neighbors kids riding dirt bikes on our main access trail. Who'da thought!?

The best spot on our lease is 150 yards from where we park.  And dunno howany times we've come out from hunting and deer are 50 yards from our vehicles.   Def gotta hunt where the deer are, doesn't hurt to put a stand up and try it.  Looks awesome. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A couple more from yesterday's pull. I sure hope some of these guys hang around for a few weeks. I also have a few shots of small bucks sparing, pretty cool. Interestingly enough, we have mostly bucks on the property this year. I have identified at least 9 different 1 1/2 year olds, 3 different 2 1/2(video below?) and two big boys. Only a handful of does and fawns. Not sure what that's going to mean for the upcoming hunting season.

https://youtu.be/w7bxB4ZFxFU

MFDC4431.jpg

• Like 3

Last pre-season pull of the year showed all of the usual suspects, we still have some nocturnal shots of the really nice one, same location too. Tons of small bucks this year and they are getting restless. Every camera had shots of sparing, cool to see for sure.

MFDC4638.jpg

MFDC4659.jpg

MFDC4661.jpg

MFDC4662.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, sodfather said:

How do you sleep at night ?

I'll let you know tomorrow. I only reviewed the videos today and the 10 pointer with all the crab claws has the blood flowing for sure. I'm going to try to get down there and hang a new stand before the weekend, I do not have one on that particular trail. 

Edited by Don_C