Age of this guy?

Marsala-man

Just now, Jeremy K said:

2/8 is carpenter talk, isnt it?

I don't know who talks like that besides people measuring buck racks. it a 1/4 say 1/4. LOL 

FYI... i knew you would be the first person to comment. I think we have an equal hatred of the 1/8's 

14 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I don't know who talks like that besides people measuring buck racks. it a 1/4 say 1/4. LOL 

FYI... i knew you would be the first person to comment. I think we have an equal hatred of the 1/8's 

I measure mostly in decimals,  my brother uses some Fd up stuff like five quarters or something stupid and then looks ar me like I'm the idiot when I dont understand. LoL

I'm saying I'd definitely call this a 2 year old. Front shoulders look smaller than in comparison to Hinds. The whole deer doesn't scream anything older than 2 to me anyways. Take the rack out of the picture then ask yourself again. This time of year can be tricky though. He's a nice racked 2yr old if he is in fact 2.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I'm saying I'd definitely call this a 2 year old. Front shoulders look smaller than in comparison to Hinds. The whole deer doesn't scream anything older than 2 to me anyways. Take the rack out of the picture then ask yourself again. This time of year can be tricky though. He's a nice racked 2yr old if he is in fact 2.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The night time pic especially looks like this. I'd like to see a hard horned broadside pic with head up  in the middle of October to make a good call. lol

• Like 1

i'm saying 2.5 but don't age a deer in velvet. characteristics people talk about are when they're hard antlered and pumped up on testosterone. bucks bulk up quite a lot and look way different. broadside gives good idea of front to back portions and leg length versus depth of body. your 2nd picture sure makes those legs look really long. head down distorts the view of how low or high the neck transitions into the chest. head way up reaching for browse or licking branch over a scrape makes a buck with thick hind quarters appear smaller compared to the front.

• Like 1