Skaneateles??

grampy

Mrs. grampy says this looks like a nice place for a day trip. I think so too! We've never been there. And trying to do a couple day trips closer to home this year.

Any suggestions on a good place to eat in Skaneateles? We will be going next week while on vacation. Will just follow Rt 20 from here to there. 

And just how in the heck do you pronounce Skaneateles??

Skaneateles is a very nice place to visit. There are some nice small shops downtown and the owners are very friendly. For restaurants I would recommend the Blue Water Grill which is downtown on the water. Stay away from the Krebs or Rosalie's which are very high priced. I regularly fish the lake and it is one of the cleanest lakes you will ever find.       valoroutdoors.com 

• Thanks 1

Skinny-atlas is the correct pronunciation.  

Lots of great places to eat - both in town and nearby.  Sherwood Inn has a raw bar on Saturdays and a nice view of the lake.   Gildas has excellent wood fired pizzas, and  Blue Water Grill is good all around.  I do love Rosalies, I don't think that they are "too expensive" their meals are well worth it.   No more expensive than some of the restaurants in Saratoga.   My choice would depend on if it was a lunch or dinner.  For lunch - Doug's Fish Fry and Blue Water would be first choices.  For dinner - Sherwood Inn, Rosalies, and Gildas.  I have not been to Elephant and Dove or Krebs - but they both have strong reviews and followers and they are at the top of the heap price wise. Definitely higher end places!  

For something nice for dessert try Patisserie - it is practically in the parking lot of the Sherwood Inn.  .  And their "stretch bread" is worth the trip.  They may sell the Pastabilities tomato dip, if they do get that too! Or on Rout 20 east of town is a nice walk up ice cream place with homemade ice cream and a nice variety of flavors. I love the salted caramel.  If you turn left there and go straight for about 8 miles, you will be at my house! 

The boat tours are fun too and you will see all the fancy homes on the lake.  Skip the dinner cruise though and hold off for the restaurants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

def Dougs fish fry!  but def not an upscale place - this is diner like food but it is the famous place there.  http://www.dougsfishfry.com/

I stopped in there a few times with guys from work. Everybody that worked on transportation raved about the place. Being allergic to shellfish , I usually ate something else. But the place was always packed the few times I was there. 

• Like 2