RIP Stevie Ray

Enigma

On 8/27/2020 at 1:36 PM, Lomax said:

I saw him about 32 years ago live he warmed up for Robert Plant. He was fantastic live I bought his CD the next day Little Sister was awesome live.  Miss him 

A friend slipped me a "Couldn't Stand the Weather" cassette on on basketball bus trip home when I was 16? 17? I was hooked. 

On 8/27/2020 at 2:33 PM, Water Rat said:

I saw him play at The Chance in Poughkeepsie many moons ago. He was a fantastic guitarist. I still consider Clapton as the G.O.A.T , but to each their own. His brother Jimmy often tours with Clapton. 

I ll admit to not being an EC fan out of ignorance. I listened but just didnt find the groove I was looking for. Kinda like jack and coca cola one night and gin n tonic the next. Just different flavors that's all. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 4:15 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I saw Clapton the week before and I think he was there? There was some connection between the tours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SRV n Double Trouble were opening for EC on the tour that summer. SRV boarded the copter w some EC  management that night of the crash. 

5 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

Found the set list of the show I attended. I remember Scuttle Buttin was my favorite song that night. First and only time I saw him and Double Trouble. Sad that he’s gone. 

05B8ED15-5340-4D99-B90D-910AA39837B5.png

Mary Had a Little Lamb. Nuff said lol. 

5 hours ago, Water Rat said:

Another great Texas guitarist . .

Yes.

I just wonder about Texas bluesmen, and blues guitarists in general. Is hitting the lowest of lows with smack, blow or booze and then climbing out of the hole a requirement or what? Seems too common to be a coincidence. 

Seems to be the curriculum to have been a a great blues guitar player from Texas Louisiana area.  Go down the rabbit hole filled w risk sin and the chance to be famous.  Makes one wonder how many never found their way back out of that hole  vs the few that made it. 

Wow I just googled the 27 club hadn’t heard of that one interesting stuff yeah there’s a lot of folks in that club Wow I just googled the 27 club hadn’t heard of that one interesting stuff yeah there’s a lot of folks in that club  Need some more players like Keith Richards nothings ever going to kill him he’s gonna live forever

The Stones have always been my favorite band. I met them all except for Mick Jagger. I was talking to Patti Hansen at a fashion show in NYC about 10 years ago. She’s still smoking hot ! They say only cockroaches and Keith Richards will survive a nuclear holocaust. Lol

• Like 1