RIP Stevie Ray

Enigma

1 hour ago, Lomax said:

Seems to be the curriculum to have been a a great blues guitar player from Texas Louisiana area.  Go down the rabbit hole filled w risk sin and the chance to be famous.  Makes one wonder how many never found their way back out of that hole  vs the few that made it. 

SRV, blow and bottle

EC, smack

JW, smack

Chris Duarte, smack

Slash, smack

KR, a bunch

Lifestyle choices are a mother. . . 

Edited by Enigma

When Hetfield was a mess on everything he was his most creative self.   I don’t know if Metallica is the same band without him on drugs and alcohol truthfully they haven’t been as good since he went through rehab but he’s probably in a better place one hopes.  Who knows maybe he’ll relapse and make a final great vinyl. 177144D2-F7A3-405F-9320-B07B595806C2.thumb.png.396beb0584dbb1394ee7ca3c5eace961.png

5 minutes ago, Lomax said:

When Hetfield was a mess on everything he was his most creative self.   I don’t know if Metallica is the same band without him on drugs and alcohol truthfully they haven’t been as good since he went through rehab but he’s probably in a better place one hopes.  Who knows maybe he’ll relapse and make a final great vinyl. 177144D2-F7A3-405F-9320-B07B595806C2.thumb.png.396beb0584dbb1394ee7ca3c5eace961.png

Tough call. We all change over time. Some of those born creative and with a guitar gift just have they're trials, tribulations and evolution on record. Thank god I don't. 

Tough to love every recording and every band for years and years. Comes and goes imho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Water Rat said:

Fame and fortune effect everyone differently. It seems musicians are always living the high risk lifestyles. See the 27 Club.

I dunno Rat I'm past 50 atm. Do I get a prize if I get to 54 lol? I sure don't have 2x the musical skills so i just dunno.

Cobain is on that list!!!!! I remember flicking on MTV that night and Kurt Loder was breaking the news. Just dated myself there but I still have good taste in tunes lol. 

Another gone too early. Underrated imho. JH could bend a string like no one before. Somewhat commercial mid career but early on he tore-it-up. Take this w your coffee tom morning and thank me later. End of the song the bass player looks over his shoulder and pretty much stops playing. He knew the deal lol. 

3 hours ago, Lomax said:

Couple of my favorites 

79D5167C-1DAE-4914-9D9C-82C71E711490.jpeg

SPAC, Saratoga Springs, NY

Gunners opened for somebody (Aerosmith) lol.

I was 19. I remember my gf at the time, a whiskey bottle, nasty bouncers and someone in front of us cutting a restraining rope when they hit the stage. Absolute bedlam from the first crunch of "It's so easy". One of my top 5 moments in life so far . .   

I saw them at Weedsport that summer with Aerosmith I work that day so I got to the concert a little bit late GNR it already started. We were in line trying to get in we had tickets while we were trying to get in and people were climbing the fence trying to get out there were fights everywhere it was absolute craziness.  Same experience will never forget that only got to see their last three songs but they were incredible they blew Aerosmith away.  Axl Rose commented on MTV a few weeks later that he was doing a ballad at Weedsport while the crowd was in full fight mode.