Quad or tractor

rachunter

15 hours ago, rachunter said:

After talking to a dealer and doing a little more research I've decided a sub-compact will serve my needs.The dealer recommended i stay with a John deere or kubota. He gave me a website with youtube video's after watching a bunch of them i'm leaning towards the John deere 1025R it gets some really good reviews.Anyone have any experience pros and cons?

For implements i've narrowed it down to the front loader bucket,a set of forks and a snow pusher with back pull. 

EC1B7444-08C5-4B7C-B129-A0ED1917BD25.thumb.jpeg.f9836e1646b5d2a15e16159eeb0b8188.jpegI’ve got a few hours on my 1025r.  If you want to chat about it PM me and I will give you my phone number. 

97608A25-A551-43A9-8EC6-82616C7A9449.jpeg

• Like 3

d39c3125fc69cb6f797b56fedd772b46.jpg
Go big or go home!!!!
Jk I’m bored at work.
After talking to j-sin I’m decided to go with the 1025R. I’m going to sock away the coin until spring and try to get everything I want in one shot.
Thanks again Jason it was nice talking with you. Help me a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

d39c3125fc69cb6f797b56fedd772b46.jpg&key=676be2cbabc459805fabce721da953abc0be9201748eee9a6a1c105355372b53
Go big or go home!!!!
Jk I’m bored at work.
After talking to j-sin I’m decided to go with the 1025R. I’m going to sock away the coin until spring and try to get everything I want in one shot.
Thanks again Jason it was nice talking with you. Help me a lot.

Those "lawnmowers" are a fantastic piece of equipment. The only thing that happens is after awhile you want bigger, which never really ends. Nice thing is you usually can get most of your money back. Enjoy the rig

Don't forget Kubota has 0% financing right now......

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Those "lawnmowers" are a fantastic piece of equipment. The only thing that happens is after awhile you want bigger, which never really ends. Nice thing is you usually can get most of your money back. Enjoy the rig

Don't forget Kubota has 0% financing right now......

I went through the same thing with boats. Regretted selling my 16' dory the second the guy handed me the cash.The 22' was nice but a pilothouse would be better and so on it went. I now own a 10' rowboat.

If anything i'll keep this and get a bigger one it seems to be what everyone ends up doing from what i've been reading.

• Like 1

There opening a john deere dealer in fulton county,so i'm going to wait until spring. I'll just keep saving until then. I'm still on the fence about the cab it's heat only,but i'm sure that would be nice for snow removal.

I see lots of almost new sub compacts with cabs for sale around the minute the weather warms up each year. I can tell you with confidence that you do not want a cab tractor that does not have air conditioning. The heat is awesome in winter, but they are incredibly hot inside that glass globe in anything above early spring or late fall temperatures. If you want a cab, AC is absolutely required.

That said, I have a cab tractor and it is really nice having comfort and protection in the cab. I’ll never go back to open station on my main tractor. There aren’t any sub compacts that I’m aware of that you can get AC from the factory.

• Like 1

I also have a cab, that I thought I would hate but, the fan with windows out keeps it cool-ish in the summer and it's fantastic when it's winter. The time I really loved having it was when I popped a hydraulic line on the loader and fluid went everywhere, except on me. Gotta watch the brush when driving through the woods but we have defined trails so it's not a major issue. They are not a necessity but definitely come in handy

• Like 2