Tactacam.

I happened to be in sportsmans  warehouse and picked up a tacticam reveal . Not real sure how the billing is done . If I pay for a plan am I paying for the activation of the cell cam and  then pay monthly to Verizon  also.  I understand data usage if I download  to my phone  on network. Should be no charge  if I run it through wifi  right ?

The pics are sent to the Reveal app. If you have wifi and download and download to your phone, no data used. There is no activation fee. Choose the plan you want and sign up. The only thing I’m not happy about is that it only transmits the 2nd pic for each time the cam is triggered. (ie. if you have it set to take 5 pic bursts, it will only transmit the 2nd pic.) I contacted customer service and they said they will be working on transmitting all pics in the future. Regardless, all pics are still stored on the cams SD card. It’s a great cam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Ok got it done. Set up and I hope its running . I went with the pro.. year long  pkg. Have it set up acrossed the plot from my drive way. Kind of a security camera . I backed down the hill  waited a couple minutes . Pulled up  sat for 10 seconds or so and got a picture.   I keep looking to see if I got pictures but nothing. 

3 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Dont know how to  transfer pictures from the app but I have had 20 pictures of deer last night and this morning. The thumb pictures sent to the app aren't the greatest. I guess it only sends jpeg to the app.

Select a pic and down at the bottom of the screen, there's an arrow pointing down. Just touch that and it will download to your phone.

• Thanks 2

On 8/28/2020 at 4:28 PM, Nytracker said:

I happened to be in sportsmans  warehouse and picked up a tacticam reveal . Not real sure how the billing is done . If I pay for a plan am I paying for the activation of the cell cam and  then pay monthly to Verizon  also.  I understand data usage if I download  to my phone  on network. Should be no charge  if I run it through wifi  right ?

I just ordered one online, special promotion free shipping. Supposed be delivered Sep 7. I have had nothing but problems with the spypoint cell link v, so I hope the Tactacam will be a good choice. Ordered from Sportsman's Warehouse.

20200830_135245.jpg

Edited by greg54

I just set out two of these Tactacam Reveal cams today. Hopefully I'll get some pictures tonight? I have one on an oak ridge, where we've killed a number of nice bucks. The other is along a thick bedding area.

2 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Select a pic and down at the bottom of the screen, there's an arrow pointing down. Just touch that and it will download to your phone.

Thanks! I was wondering how to do that.

Thank you sir 

On 8/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, Nytracker said:

I check mine every 2 weeks . Low impact  in and out middle of  the day  .  I have my first cell cam out now for 12 hours and have 20 pics . Checking from my recliner is kind of  cool. 

On 8/28/2020 at 4:28 PM, Nytracker said:

22 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Screenshot_20200830-133158_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e7f6b341976a0731e0ab3423d33dfab3.jpg

Thank you Sir 

11 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

So with the tacticam , do you automatically get the pics sent to your phone then? In other words, you don’t have to check the cam and pull the card like the normal trail cams ? 

Correct. You do not have to check the camera. The pictures are sent to the Tactacam app on your phone. No need to pull the card to look at pics.

But.....as of now there will be pic's on the card not sent to your phone. As the second pic in the burst is sent to your phone, the first is stored on the card. I've already gotten some pictures with nothing showing on them, that may have triggered the can. Could have been a fast moving deer or bird? But it is on the card. I understand, Tactacam is updating the software to fix this.

Customer service is VERY good! You get a real person that is very helpful!

For the money, my opinion is, you can't beat this camera.

I bought mine through our resident trail cam expert phade. Not sure if he got anymore in stock after initially selling out? But shoot him a PM. Perhaps he can set you up too!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 12:21 AM, grampy said:

Correct. You do not have to check the camera. The pictures are sent to the Tactacam app on your phone. No need to pull the card to look at pics.

But.....as of now there will be pic's on the card not sent to your phone. As the second pic in the burst is sent to your phone, the first is stored on the card. I've already gotten some pictures with nothing showing on them, that may have triggered the can. Could have been a fast moving deer or bird? But it is on the card. I understand, Tactacam is updating the software to fix this.

Customer service is VERY good! You get a real person that is very helpful!

For the money, my opinion is, you can't beat this camera.

I bought mine through our resident trail cam expert phade. Not sure if he got anymore in stock after initially selling out? But shoot him a PM. Perhaps he can set you up too!

Grampy, has CS updated the cam to send all the pics?  Assuming this is in burst mode?  What if it's a single pic? 

Asking because I just ordered two.  Finally found some in stock.  Delivery date is 10/2 - 10/6..